• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Operation: Airflow Snorkel Install

sharpie1k said:
:looney:let's see some shots of the whole vehicle with it installed

Here you go.

IMG_1037.jpg

Hey I too just installed an Airflow snorkel. I had a couple questions. One, (Gojeep might be able to answer this over you, because you didn't use the stock box) What is that hard 90* part? I installed mine and didn't see anywhere I could use it. I looked on the GoJeep site too and couldn't see anything

Also, have you noticed any decrease in gas milage now? I had a wicked muddy K&N (I know most of you don't like them, but this is not the case right now) I used the recharger kit on it when I did my snorkel, and I was expecting an increase with gas, but it seems like I can literally see the needle dropping driving around. I know atleast 10 other people with snorkels, and they have all said they got an increase.

How are you going to do those water proofing the electronics and everything?

Here's mine
Snorkel004.jpg

begster said:
Hey I too just installed an Airflow snorkel. I had a couple questions. One, (Gojeep might be able to answer this over you, because you didn't use the stock box) What is that hard 90* part? I installed mine and didn't see anywhere I could use it. I looked on the GoJeep site too and couldn't see anything

Also, have you noticed any decrease in gas milage now? I had a wicked muddy K&N (I know most of you don't like them, but this is not the case right now) I used the recharger kit on it when I did my snorkel, and I was expecting an increase with gas, but it seems like I can literally see the needle dropping driving around. I know atleast 10 other people with snorkels, and they have all said they got an increase.

How are you going to do those water proofing the electronics and everything?

I don't know what the elbow's intended for, but in my case, it just happened to be useful. I have not gone through a tank of gas yet, so I can't comment on the mileage. As far as waterproofing the electronics goes, I am still sorting that out.

The elbow has been only used when the outlet used to be further forward before I got them to shift it back to clear the inner guard washer bottle. I had told them to leave it out but they have continued to add it so it is just a bonus. ;)

I have the ARB snorkel and have been waiting for a long time to be able to find an inline canister filter like this since Intense Performance shut down. I would like to be able to get the 90 degree elbow and wonder if I can order just that or what else maybe I can substitute for it? So the canister is 70mm at each end or 60mm at one end and 70mm at the other? What size was the silicone adapter you put at the inlit side going to the snorkel...60mmx70mm?Thanks!

I was building an airbox for an arb snorkel, I'm running dual batteries as well and ran into the same problem.

You can pick up a 3"(IIRC) radiator hose from napa with a 90 in it and basically turn the arb connecter "in" similiar to a ariflow inlet.

Also, look at the ABS/PVC pipe at Home Depot or similar.

Back