• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One ton-ing a 30

Sitting on a jig with the components propped on boxes is fine but I still don't know how you're gonna make them parallel with ota trackbar and utk steering.

So I decided on a 3 link, and the offset track bar mount. This is the actual measurements off the jeep (within 1/2") of where the track bar will be in relation to the drag link. The track bar will be about 1" shorter than the drag link, should work well.

DSC02023.JPG

DSC02024.JPG

This place is getting to be like jeep forum from 10 years ago.....

I don't need anything. Over built beats stranded in the middle of no where.

And whatever your last post is attempting to say, yeah the track bar bracket is just as over built as the steering.

Seems like a lot of work for what you need, IMO a HD tie rod or Currie steering would be ideal. The other annoying part about t type steering is the dead spot you will have, spacers and minimal lift will help but it will still be there.

I agree. I'm confused as to why you're going the route you're going.

The 1-ton setups are ubiquitous because they are easy to produce, easy to install and because "1-Ton" is easily salable.
Not because they are a great setup for most users.
They work better on D44's with high steer arms or on WJ knuckles. Less lift helps decrease the drag link angle and decrease the corresponding tie rod roll.
On standard fare D30 with the usual 4+ inches of lift... well, lots of companies are making polyurethane spacers that will bandaid it for a while.

Ruffstuff and that Canadian outfit whose name I cant remember both offer weld-in Y-link spuds that are probably a better option for most lifted rigs. Harder to build, requires a fabbed spud instead of just 4 ends & a reamer - but the result has better drag link angle & no tie rod roll.

Back