• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME springs

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
I have OME 930 front springs and JC1A rear, with alot of sag, just got new 930 and JC2A in, has anybody ran the OME 934 front spring, if so how is the weight carrying? thinking about changing over.

I had the 930's, but the spring rate wasn't up to the C4x4 winch bumper and Warm M8000 (with steel cable) weight up front. I was constantly on the bumpstops on descents, or through obstacles. With the 934's the spring-rate is ideal.

The 934s complement the JC1As perfectly, as far as rate go.
With my BPI front bumper, the 934s worked with my JC1A leafs flawlessly and was VERY balanced.
I have run every combo of OME in the books for the last 4 years.
If you are now running the JC2A packs, with the overload, you would want to stick with the 930s or get new leafs.
The JC2A leafs have the softest rate of all the OME springs as far as the main pack goes, at 136 lbs or so. The overload on the bottom is more like a 250 lbs. leaf, and will not compress at all.
The JC2As will give you axle wrap unless you use at least an OME aal. They are towing springs, and designed to sag to the overload when towing.
I have a set of OME custom leafs with a JC2A main, and then a JCXL aal, and the bottom 4 leafs from a JC1A pack which works well, but just got swapped out.
HTH.

on the Jeep now is 930 front and JC1A rear, i have new 930 front and JC2A rear, thinking about selling the 930 and getting 934. i have heavy front and rear bumpers, multi-mount winch, recovery gear, and cage, so i am heavy. should i try too use OME stuff or sell the new stuff and return the old under warranty and go with something else?
it's a jeep thing and i don't understand.

I'm running 934's and JC1A's w/RE shackles on my 86..... worked out to be 3" both front and rear. In back I have a BPI bumper, KargoMaster rack, and the spare up on the rack. In front is an AJ's Bumper w/ push bar which is pretty heavy.... She sits nice and level with that spring & shackle combo and no sagging yet after about 6 months now.
Mike B.

BTW.... this combo needs the long travel OME shocks.... the regular OME shocks are too short for it.

Last edited:
2offroad said:
on the Jeep now is 930 front and JC1A rear, i have new 930 front and JC2A rear, thinking about selling the 930 and getting 934. i have heavy front and rear bumpers, multi-mount winch, recovery gear, and cage, so i am heavy. should i try too use OME stuff or sell the new stuff and return the old under warranty and go with something else?
it's a jeep thing and i don't understand.

Get the 934's. Sell the 930's and the JC2A's (or exchange them).

Keep the JC1A rears and add the JCXL full-length add-a-leaf, along with at least an MJ shackle in the rear. The spring-rate of the JC1A is the same as the JC1B; the JC1A just has a little more arc to the spring pack (~1" more height). Adding the JCXL will increase the spring-rate and make it ideal for 100 lbs of recovery gear/fluids/tools, as well as another 150 lbs of rear bumper/spare tire. I have the JCXL's added to the JC1A's, along with greaseable, extended shackles. My front suspension is the 934 coils along with a 1 3/4" poly spacer on top of the stock spacer.

With the added spacer/shackle combo I've got adj control arms, adj trackbar OME LT shocks, YJ brake-lines etc etc to accomodate the suspension travel.

It's a nice, balanced suspension for the types of loads I carry. Sounds like you run similarly.

aak.jpg

the leafs are bent on the JC1A i have on the Jeep, so they are going back to OME, the JC2A are new, if i do the OME aal to the JC2A how will that work,
the shipping will kill me if i try to return the JC2A to OME. and try new JC1A. or should i just give up on OME and try RE instead?

I recently ended my 5 year relationship with OME springs by going to RE 3.5" leafs in the rear and 3" ZJ coils up front.
If you plan on going offroad, YOU WILL NOT LIKE THE JC2B LEAFS.
The overload leafs will catch rocks, roots, and etc, and the initial rate is so soft that it will drive you batty.
I speak from experience.
They are TOWING LEAFS, nothing more, nothing less.
Personally, I like the ride of my RE springs with OME long shocks better than with the OME springs at a ride height over 2.5".
If you are happy with 2.5" or so, then go with the 934s and JC1A leafs.
HTH.

thanx BC, i checked with OME and you are right, JC1s 148 JC2s 137. i think i will go with RE 3.5

Back