• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 2/2.5" Lift VS RE 3.5"

My OME934s are doing fine, I did break my passenger side LCA bracket off the axle tube but that's because it was rusted through in some spots (didn't realize, the rust hadn't fallen off yet!) and was no thicker than a penny in the remaining spots.

The driver side is much better - I'm going to be rebuilding all the brackets with boxed 1/8" or 3/16" plate in the near future anyways.

what is everyone doing for leaf spring bushings?

I called 4WP today to see about getting my stuff shipped and ARB says reuse old bushings but im skeptical.

i saw a set from energy for $60...

I was extremely skeptical of reusing my old bushings - for that matter, skeptical of getting them out in one piece. Apparently one lives on in TYphoon's rig though! Had to cut the leaf eye and whack it with a screwdriver to crack the chunks of rust off it but the metal sheathing was entirely intact, and my stock leaves were 150% worthless anyways.

I bought OEM bushings on QuadraTec and pressed them in with a 6" bench vise and some patience. QuadraTec had the best price I could find on those.

yah quadratec is almost 50$ for a set of rubber, $60 for a set of energy poly...

and $119 for an energy hyperflex master kit... seeing as how my rig is currently all stock I think this is the way im gonna go

yah quadratec is almost 50$ for a set of rubber, $60 for a set of energy poly...

and $119 for an energy hyperflex master kit... seeing as how my rig is currently all stock I think this is the way im gonna go

I personally hate the noise that comes with polyurethane bushings. Rubber is very durable and also very quiet.

getting pretty far off topic now but any other feedback on the energy master kits? i would go with the black for the jeep

i have a red kit on my 68 cougar im really happy with, no squeaks at all.. but of course it stays on flat ground.

Back