• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay, what's missing from this pic?

i think he was bragging about hiding the solenoid box, ive seen it before so I didnt think anything of it but i guess the OP hadnt seen it and thought it was a good idea (it is)

ah, ok, nice

but you are planning on fixing the front bumper right? as it stands now, if you hit anything, your engine is toast

Well, I've confirmed that the little hoops around the headlights won't stop anything bigger than my pecker (and that ain't sayin' much) but the central frame is pretty stout.

A full head on collision would probably put the winch through the radiator, but it would screw up a whole of of harder-to-fix stuff, anyway.

Robert

a winch line dampener?

I do like how the solenoid box is hidden though.

i think he was bragging about hiding the solenoid box, ive seen it before so I didnt think anything of it but i guess the OP hadnt seen it and thought it was a good idea (it is)

Exactly that...

Sorry, I'd never seen it before.

Guess there really is nothing new under the sun.

Robert

Ah...

So...

I guess that means there will be a tech write up on how to dissasemble a box, extend 3 wires, and relocate the connector?

Ron

My guess is grade 8 bolts on the tow hooks. Can't be 100% but aren't grade 8 a goldish bronze color not silver??
Noticed the same at the frame tie in.
Stukboy

I guess that means there will be a tech write up on how to dissasemble a box, extend 3 wires, and relocate the connector?

Ron

Well, it was more like four 2ga cables and five leads to the controller plug.

But yeah, when you say it like that it kinda takes the "monumental achievement award" off of it.

Thanks.

Robert

Well, it was more like four 2ga cables and five leads to the controller plug.

But yeah, when you say it like that it kinda takes the "monumental achievement award" off of it.

Thanks.

Robert

ROFLMAO !

Sorry about that. You're right, when you say it like that, it does that the zing out of it.

Tell you what, why don't you change the names of all the components to space sounding names. I' becha it'll sound cool then :D

Ron

i have an in cab controller and i was debating putting the solenoid under the hood cuz i have a buttload of welding wire around. i just gotta find room and i like your placemnt

When I mount my XD9000i I plan on a in-cab control but since it is "integrated" the solenoid pack is staying at the winch although it can be moved as well with no issues.

That looks to be a WARN winch mount...

Nope, all home made.

Wrench, did you do a cab control as well?

Not yet, but since I've sorted out the wiring*, I can see how easy it'll be to add one.

So it's on the to-do list.

Robert

*For what it's worth, mine was wired completely different from the schematics on Warn's website. I checked and triple-checked. Mine works fine as it is, but it doesn't match theirs.

Well???

My guess is grade 8 bolts on the tow hooks. Can't be 100% but aren't grade 8 a goldish bronze color not silver??
Noticed the same at the frame tie in.
Stukboy

But just read the title. "What's missing" It has bolts but could be "missing" grade 8.
Can you define the title to help us out??jk

just use a grade 3 nut on each grade 5 bolt

3 + 5 = 8

you're all set!

Got it!! I'm a little slow here.
I figured since i've seen it done fairly often it wouldn't be that easy.
But I guess since i've never seen your jeep I wouldn't know if it was a change or not.
Thanx for talking slow so I understand.
Stukboy

No sweat. :D

I guess I've never really looked at other guys' winch installs, cause I never planned on dropping the coin on one for myself.

This one sorta fell into my lap, so I just dove in and thought I had something original.

Oh well, I'm still proud of it...

Robert

Shouldn't this be in the "ugly a**ed bumper" thread? :D

Back