• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adapter

FINALLY fixed it i bought a longer 14 mm box end to hold the torx from sears and then put a handle off of a floor jack on there and it popped right off and now i dont see that leak so thanks to everyone that helped me out

I just did mine today after some extensive research on the how too's and what parts/tools i needed...most if not all info cam from here..so thank you to you all...with that said...I have a '99 XJ sport...it took the T60 bit perfectly combined that with a half in wrench with the recommended duct tape to hold it in....took a lil bit of muscle with added cheater pipe to pop it but once i did i switched wrenches and taped up a ratcheting wrench.....it was 13mm so it had a lil bit of play but it worked out great!! Put the o-rings that i ordered on with some fresh oil, put it back in drove it NO LEAKS! Ive heard of people messin it up the first time they do it, so I consider myself lucky i guess..

like most of them said its really the patience thing sit back find the right torx head or allen and if you can, especially at outo zone they have them in a socket already i wish i had a pic but get the right one of those and the smallest wracheting wrench you can find usually the cheap ones work great for this, put the socket on and get it on there nice and tight with a assitant to be on the bottom holding it on would be even better.
slide a pipe or something of that nature over the wrench of course u would need to point the wrench end up through the engine bay and slide the pipe/breaker over it and it'll come right loose, me i use something leverage everytime makes it alot easier to me.

good luck! but dont give up ur almost there

Back