• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adapter Question (PLEASE HELP)

The prob is I never really have time always end up working at night which is not that bad in the summer but winter sucks. If i tyr to work during the day I always seem to be rushed

(wife and 2 kids)= No time:doh:

Oh and it turns out that leak is fixed but the rear main is leaking thought it was maybe only comeing from the adapter

Well at least one less leak now.

And the funny thing is my oil pressure is about 10 Psi up across the board don't know if this a new prob or if it is ok.

I had a hard time with mine until I slipped a cheater bar on the end of my wrench. With the bar it came free with little effort, amazing what that cheater bar does.

I would have liked to replace the stupid hex bolt when I had it apart but wasn't sure what to replace it with, next time.

Oh and it turns out that leak is fixed but the rear main is leaking thought it was maybe only comeing from the adapter

Well at least one less leak now.

And the funny thing is my oil pressure is about 10 Psi up across the board don't know if this a new prob or if it is ok.

Not a problem, a fix. Sealed up the OFA, more pressure for the bearings--its a good thing! :clap:

I notice a small increase in pressure too havent put my manuel gauge on it to see. I have to change my RMS too.If you are going to do it yourself alittle hint go buy a bottom end gasket kit I have the Fel-Pro # some where.It is also in an earler post on here look under my name. With it you get every thing the one pc oil pan gasket the RMS and Orings for the adaptor and a fu other gasket a lot cheaper that way.

Back