• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Blow by? 88' Jeep Wagoneer 162K

bigboyslimjimbo

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88' jeep wagoneer 4.0L with 162K miles and I have a good bit of oil in my air filter. I mean it is pretty soaked. I have a 3" rusty's suspension lift with 31/10.5 m/t's, and I get an average of 13mpg around town. I used to get about 17mpg's with 30/9.5. Could this be because of the oil blowby, and what should I do to get rid of the blowby? Do I have to break down the motor? Thanx for any input Jimmy

Check to see if your CCV orifice is plugged. I'm pretty sure that its the rear most hose on the top of the valve cover. If its clogged, it can cause oil to puke out of the front hose and onto your filter. I have seen a thread on here about it before if you do a search.

^ like he said check the CCV rear straw lookin hose/tube if its clogged go to dealer and get a new one mine cost like $5 or you could ghetto fab somethin and if your still getting blowby after that remove the hose going to the airbox get a 90* elbow fitting and grommet to fit front hole run a hose to a catch can with a breather filter on it

if you feel like doin more work you can remove the valve cover and follow this write-up http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=257836 my rear peice was pretty clogged and by removing your valve cover you can clean it up or paint it and it makes the engine bay look a million times better

another write up
http://www.jeepxj.com/JeepXJ/oil blowby fix.htm
i did similar but i kept all the emissions fittings which would be smart depending on where you live and what kind of regulations are in place i figured couldnt hurt to keep them

heres my setup
conefilter.jpg

conefilter4.jpg

this should keep you busy any more questions feel free to ask

huh im going to have to try that with the air fliter, that just might work. Yea i actually replaced the ccv system and cleaned out my valve cover and everything, and saw no real problem, just alot of oil gettin back in my air filter and no clues. But I will have to try that airfilter trick, looks like that might do the trick. Thanx so much for the help.

Back