• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OH MY GOD MY XJ IS GOING TO RIPP ITSELF APART!!!

tealcherokee said:
no it was for atx xj, but you "other point" means we can apply it to you as well

what you have is bump steer, due to bad steering geometry, the stabilizer is enough to BANDAID it....for now

using your words, hitting a pothole (bump) and making it impossible to steer

No bump steering problems here. My track bar is parallel to the steering rod. In my case, the steering was a problem after the vibration grew to an extreme and the tires were wagging back and forth.

Besides, even if my fix is a band-aid, are you saying I should start blindly replacing parts even if I don't have any vibrations and no reoccurences of death wobble? Trust me, I double checked everything, including the alignment and there is nothing else obvious to replace.

Are you going to keep throwing insults at anyone who doesn't agree with you? Does your shop teacher call you a dumb-ass if you disagree with him?

no, ill throw insults at people that read 30 or 40 posts from people who know what they're talking about, and then go "your all wrong"

this applies x2 if you have stock steering

having the track bar and drag link parrellel to each other doesnt mean anything. the ARC of the 2 bars MUST be the same in the given area where the vehicle is driven at higher speeds (or at all times if you drop the inverted y steering)

I don't want to get sidetracked into steering geometry, but you can't get the exact same arcs unless they are parallel and the same length. Many designs, including oem aren't exactly parallel but get the geometry close enough to minimize bump steer. The stock inverted-y design will never get exactly zero bump steer either.

My statement that if you have death wobble then you likely have a worn out stablizer didn't mean that the stablizer caused the death wobble. It meant that if you have other worn parts that the stablizer was probably shot as well. You still haven't figured out that I'm not claiming everyone is wrong. I'm claiming that a stablizer is necessary in some setups and a bad stablizer can contribute to a death wobble problem. That's where we'll have to continue to disagree. I'm done with this thread.

tealcherokee said:
no, ill throw insults at people that read 30 or 40 posts from people who know what they're talking about, and then go "your all wrong"

this applies x2 if you have stock steering

having the track bar and drag link parrellel to each other doesnt mean anything. the ARC of the 2 bars MUST be the same in the given area where the vehicle is driven at higher speeds (or at all times if you drop the inverted y steering)

who are these "people who know what they're talking about"?

are they in a "parrellel" universe?

Back