• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Road Rage Thread

On the 4th, we were coming back from fireworks.

We were stopped at a 4-way stop sign with traffic backed up in every direction; so it's not like you're going anywhere fast.

The guy across from me turns, then I go to turn as I'm next in "line". Well, the tard behind the first guy that turned decided he wanted to go too so he zipped over as I was driving through the intersection.

Of course, I hit the brakes and lay on the horn (Jettas have pretty good horns). The driver honks back, the passenger flips me the bird.

THen all of a sudden, they accelerated and rammed into the back of teh car in front of them.

Sweet, sweet karma.

HAHAHA! Thats good!

They are almost as bad...almost... as the duchebags that drive lifted Ford trucks.....almost.

hmmm Lifted ford trucks... that comes with huge A$$ belt buckle a can of chew in the pocket and the right to drive how ever they want...

what about the lifted fords with handicapped plates?

No offence but...thats a really stupid comment. Your smiley makes me think you are trolling just a little.

Trains can not deliver anywhere realistically. As it is there are so many truck trailers on trains that the railroad infrastructure is overwhelmed and can't keep up as it is.

More efficient? How do you get everything from the train to where it's going?

What did our Nation do before trucks? oh yeah. trains.
IMHO Trains are much better than Trucks. for long distance hauling. The concept is better, something on rails, with traffic controllers and 100 times the cargo on one trip.
Why do you think that cities start with busses and eventually move to a rail system.
because ultimately the cargo will get to where its going, and a rail is better even if you have to walk or take a cab for a block or two.

I had two instances last night... One on city streets, guy in a newer Acura driving like he was the only one on the road, and going way under the speed limit. Suddenly makes a turn off the street. I go on by after hitting my brakes hard to keep from hitting him. Jackass comes up behind me and passes, and starts yelling at me through his sunroof (I was in my stock height F150...). I smiled and waved and he got really pissed... But turned away.

Not ten minutes later, on the freeway. Lady in a Honda Accord talking on the phone, merging from an onramp starts to change lanes into me without even looking. I couldn't change lanes, traffic... She suddenly realizes my big white F150 Supercrew is in her way, swerves back into her lane (dropped her phone) and starts mouthing stuff at me and flipping me the bird... She managed to pass behind me and then got around my other side and flipped me off again. And she was the one at fault!

Anymore, I expect the worst of drivers and I usually see it. I had some guy cut me off a while back in my Neon. And then he followed me to the store. He parked in front of me and got out, but didn't walk over, just tried to be intimidating. I got out of the Neon, walked over and he got in his car and took off. I'm 6'3" and have a really good "mad" face...

When I was a teenager, or even early 20's I used to get SO fired up about IDIOTs in cars.
Cutting me off, flipping people off. everything else. I don't know what happened I am now 28, and it takes real stupidity to get me upset any more. its annoying some times, because I spend 2.5 hours a day on the road, and I would like to get fired up every now and then, I miss the adrenaline.

Yesterday, I had a green light.. started driving and stopped, because I saw the guy to my right completely ignore the red light. I waited for the idiot to pass and just kept driving.

last week, I was on 422, guy to my right flicked his cigarette into my sun roof. I picked it up and threw it back at him.

a couple months ago, I was getting tailgated really bad by a box truck on the express way. this guy was closer to me than I would ever get to the car in front of me. When the chance came, I put my turn signal on to get over, and he got over with me still tail gating. so I ran out of slow lane and got back in the fast lane, he followed still tailgating. I didn't get over for him any more after that (I was going about 10 over) about 2 miles later traffic stopped. and he didn't. I knew it was going to happen and I just nonchalantly pulled over and let him smash up the three cars in front of me.

I miss the days where I would have locked up my breaks on him, or flipped off the dude that almost killed me at the red light.
maybe I need some more red bull or something.

" it takes real stupidity to get me upset any more"

Yep, I have had passengers scream in terror when other cars try to swerve into us, lock up their brakes in front us, spin out in front of us, etc. I have been commuting 2+ hours a day for 10 years and I am used to it. Like neonrog said, I expect it.

Back