• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Road Rage Thread

Here's a solution to the whole argument... Trains>trucks

:D

Boo on the train thing! :D j/k

They shouldn't drive like its their road but all the asshats who drive their BMW's and Mercedes suv's 15mph over the posted speeds while texting and drinking an iced latte are who I am worried about. How many people are killed by trains each year? There are inherent risks in everything we do, so this arguement is pointless! :laugh3:

Last edited:
I make a living driving on the road also but its not a car/pick up or a big rig its a tow truck and I see equal stupidty from both the big rigs and the car/pick ups. But my big hate is the ass holes(not all are bad) 2 wheelers (motor cycles) that think they can do any thing they want. They dont like it when you tailgate them but its ok for them to cut you off 2 feet from your bumper???

I make a living driving on the road also but its not a car/pick up or a big rig its a tow truck and I see equal stupidty from both the big rigs and the car/pick ups. But my big hate is the ass holes(not all are bad) 2 wheelers (motor cycles) that think they can do any thing they want. They dont like it when you tailgate them but its ok for them to cut you off 2 feet from your bumper???

very true I have seen some dumb riders in my time! It seems like the punk guys are the ones doing it so they can impress the skank on the back who is probably sleeping with all their friends! :D

In my commute to Indy everyday, the preponderance of bad drivers are in Honda Accords, Camry's and Lexii<----plural of Lexus, lol. Generally, I'd say most semi drivers are pretty safe and don't do anything too stupid over all in my travels.

Here's a solution to the whole argument... Trains>trucks

:D

No offence but...thats a really stupid comment. Your smiley makes me think you are trolling just a little.

Trains can not deliver anywhere realistically. As it is there are so many truck trailers on trains that the railroad infrastructure is overwhelmed and can't keep up as it is.

Actually they should because it is their livelyhood and with out them WE wouldn't have anything. They drive thousands of miles a week on the interstate what about you? I see what you are saying though. I wouldn't want a semi all over my ass either but it doesn't happen to me very often, normally its only when i can't get around some idiot in a Hyundai driving 15 under the speed limit.

There is nothing that pisses off a good and decent truck driver like another truck driver who drives dangerously. It gives us all a bad reputation and makes it just that much harder to make a living.

My favorite argument on the road is when I return their middle finger and yelling with a smile and a wave. :D I usually don't have too much tolerance for ignorant drivers, except for semi's because I understand there is only so much they can do.

But the most annoying thing is when it turns out there are two loaded semi's at a light and "drag race" effectively trapping all traffic behind them until one "wins" and moves over. Not saying it can't be avoided at times tho. Otherwise little teenage girls in their Pontiac Sunfire's scare me more than the blue haired crowd.

Are you referring to people who have handicapped license plates, or the rather obvious mental deficient who seem to have the physical capacity to make a car move around, but don't seem to have the mental capacity to understand exactly what they're supposed to be doing?

Sorry, late getting back to this thread.

People who have handicapped plates. Whether or not they include people who can physically drive but not mentally; well, i wouldn't be surprised if there were some of those types as well.

On the 4th, we were coming back from fireworks.

We were stopped at a 4-way stop sign with traffic backed up in every direction; so it's not like you're going anywhere fast.

The guy across from me turns, then I go to turn as I'm next in "line". Well, the tard behind the first guy that turned decided he wanted to go too so he zipped over as I was driving through the intersection.

Of course, I hit the brakes and lay on the horn (Jettas have pretty good horns). The driver honks back, the passenger flips me the bird.

THen all of a sudden, they accelerated and rammed into the back of teh car in front of them.

Sweet, sweet karma.

No offence but...thats a really stupid comment. Your smiley makes me think you are trolling just a little.

Trains can not deliver anywhere realistically. As it is there are so many truck trailers on trains that the railroad infrastructure is overwhelmed and can't keep up as it is.

I didn't realize smilies corresponded with trolls. I just used it cause I knew I was opening a can of worms. And you're absolutely right, we don't have the infrastructure unfortunately. I was just making the point that trains are many many times more effecient than trucks, and less of a PITA than trucks (no offense drivers I'm speaking of the excess traffic, large size, and slow speeds in general).

More efficient? How do you get everything from the train to where it's going?

More efficient? How do you get everything from the train to where it's going?
Spend some time in Europe(I'm thinking of Germany) If you've already got rail infrastructure in place, things work just fine. They seem to do the "local" deliveries in small panel vans(Ever see pics of those 2dr XJs with no rear windows they sold in Europe? That's what they're for!)

Of course, if we tried to build out the rail system here like that now, it would cost a few trillion, and make the interstate system look cheap by comparison,..

Ever see pics of those 2dr XJs with no rear windows they sold in Europe? That's what they're for!
Pics or not true!
The pics I saw of them were here on NAXJA somewhere. The story I got was this:
There was a tax brake (huge tax break)available in some EU countries for delivery vehicles, while there is a huge tax on SUVs. Someone at jeep-europe spotted a loophole. The 2dr XJ would qualify if it had no rear windows or rear seat. They apparently sold a bunch of the "deliveries", then also sold(but of course not in the same transaction) a rear seat. I'll see if I can find a pic somewhere.

Edit: here's a mention of them on Wikipedia, so it must be true!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Cherokee_(XJ)#XJ_in_Europe

There is nothing that pisses off a good and decent truck driver like another truck driver who drives dangerously. It gives us all a bad reputation and makes it just that much harder to make a living.

Very True! My buddy is a truck driver and he is one of those by the book guys( that may be why he is also a pilot) and I can't count how many times he's told me stories of stupid truck drivers he's seen.

Back