• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

novak shift linkage =dissapiontment

JD you sound like a 17 year old wanna be that's been taking pictures of you daddy's rig.

Just an update,have been in contact with Novak am very impressed with the level of customer support to resolve the issue. it's nice when a company seems genuinely interested in making sure you're happy with the product and that it works for you. Still in the process of figuring out what exactly is the problem, but just glad they're not blowing me off and pretending it's an installation error.

I'm going to enjoy watching the feasting upon crow.

Just an update,have been in contact with Novak am very impressed with the level of customer support to resolve the issue. it's nice when a company seems genuinely interested in making sure you're happy with the product and that it works for you. Still in the process of figuring out what exactly is the problem, but just glad they're not blowing me off and pretending it's an installation error.

That's what you shoulda done in the first place.................

That's what you shoulda done in the first place.................

Really genius and how would I have done that on Friday night after they were closed?. so yes I posted on here to vent my frustration and hopefully see if anyone had info that would help me when I did talk to them on Monday morning. In the future unless you have a helpful comment maybe you shouldn't troll discussion forums.

What a bunch of fuuck fuuck fuuck...

Agreed.

The Novak shifter on my Rubicon TJ works just fine. There was no way in hell that the stock linkage would have ever worked with the flat belly.

And you want to know how not use some stupid cable shifter? Get a real transfer case like I dunno... an AtlasII!

Really genius and how would I have done that on Friday night after they were closed?. so yes I posted on here to vent my frustration and hopefully see if anyone had info that would help me when I did talk to them on Monday morning. In the future unless you have a helpful comment maybe you shouldn't troll discussion forums.

Don't matter. No need to go drama queen Jerry Springer in the meantime.

No excuses. You took he wrong route.

My helpful comment is contact the vendor before posting a rant like a little girl whining like a little baby.

Man up, or woman up, whichever it is, and quit all the drama queen bullshit.

It's all good, Fellas. Coldcdn has been just great to work with and yes, it's tough on a weekend to want to install something and run into a roadblock, and sometimes forum folks do have answers.

Don't forget that Jeep guys have far more in common than we have differences. With the range of whacked out people on this planet, we're practically a tribe.

We'll get this figured out now with some data on hand and I'll post the results. If we solve it to satisfaction, maybe I'll cajole the OP to mod the title of the thread to, I dunno, Novak Shifter, Difficulty -> Solution -> Nirvana. ;)

It's all good, Fellas. Coldcdn has been just great to work with and yes, it's tough on a weekend to want to install something and run into a roadblock, and sometimes forum folks do have answers.

Don't forget that Jeep guys have far more in common than we have differences. With the range of whacked out people on this planet, we're practically a tribe.

We'll get this figured out now with some data on hand and I'll post the results. If we solve it to satisfaction, maybe I'll cajole the OP to mod the title of the thread to, I dunno, Novak Shifter, Difficulty -> Solution -> Nirvana. ;)

I'll tell you what I would like to see you do, regarding this.

I'd like to see an aftermarket shifter to replace the stock one. One with longer throw, adjustable throw, set up for aftermarket (Hurst) levers.

Why? Waste of time and engineering.

No, actually, it's not a waste of time or engineering.

I currently have a Hurst short-throw on the AX5 and a matching Hust stick on the TC.
It's nice, it's also nice to have the TC right there next to the shifter, at reach.

If throw is a problem, if Novak cable has a problem reaching both ends, 2H and 4L, a longer throw would solve that problem.

The pivot can be removed from the existing bucket and replaced, with a longer/adjustable throw and a new mount for the stick.

When I go to the AX15 I'm getting another Hurst shifter and I'm going to do exactly what I described here with my TC shifter. I'll weld a tab on the barrel of the pivot to get the stick down further into the gate and I will alter to gate to accommodate the stick. I'll probably go to a longer stick.

The stock lever/gate/linkage sucks, it just simply sucks.

Nice MJ! I need another one of these. The heat padding is smart. My XJ wants to bake me out a couple of months each summer.

It's not a bad idea. Our original NP2xx shifter kit was the #SK2X and is still popular. It is purely mechanical (levers w/o cable) and more of a builder's kit. I still love working with it. The next generation was the cable version and it came about because of the many people who asked to retain the factory handle.

That gets into the topic of the many Jeepers who love a factory look but better-than-factory feel / performance. We have been up against this with gauges vis a vis engine conversions. Some are crazy about aftermarket gauges but most want that factory sleeper look.

As to the factory handles, I like to remove the gate. That is probably what irritates you the most. The detents in the transfer case transmit well enough to the handle and we're all big boys now and don't need the dumbed down guidance of it.

Whatever the case, we're more than open to ideas and foresee a few new shifters coming down the pike. Tell us what you need and we'll let that help set some priorities.

Nice MJ! I need another one of these. The heat padding is smart. My XJ wants to bake me out a couple of months each summer.

It's not a bad idea. Our original NP2xx shifter kit was the #SK2X and is still popular. It is purely mechanical (levers w/o cable) and more of a builder's kit. I still love working with it. The next generation was the cable version and it came about because of the many people who asked to retain the factory handle.

That gets into the topic of the many Jeepers who love a factory look but better-than-factory feel / performance. We have been up against this with gauges vis a vis engine conversions. Some are crazy about aftermarket gauges but most want that factory sleeper look.

As to the factory handles, I like to remove the gate. That is probably what irritates you the most. The detents in the transfer case transmit well enough to the handle and we're all big boys now and don't need the dumbed down guidance of it.

Whatever the case, we're more than open to ideas and foresee a few new shifters coming down the pike. Tell us what you need and we'll let that help set some priorities.

Interesting that you bring up gauges. I'm about to send in my deposit to NVU for a custom 6 gauge cluster, 2017 gauges in a 30 year old package.
Mine will be the first, far as I know.

No, I'm not beholden to factory anything.

Good idea about the gate, may solve half my problem, I'll try it.

Back