• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest 06 brainstorm

Since I am closer than you Phil, if you are up for it? I am up for it. Might have to get a tent trailer by then, to keep the troops happy.

JMotorsprt said:
Since I am closer than you Phil, if you are up for it? I am up for it. Might have to get a tent trailer by then, to keep the troops happy.

You talking this Summer or in April?

Wife and I will likely be in Seaside for our anniversary, so we'll be relatively close. Figured on a couple of days on the beach, then wheel before coming back so we can check the place out. I'm anticipating these guys helping us out for planning. :)

I was possibly planning to bring the wife, daughter, and horse w/trailer down and make a vacation of it.

Time will tell, but summer is best for me....June/July

Avanteone said:
I'm in for April or August/Steptember/October.

My wife is due first week in July so I won't be going anywhere around then.

J

I was leaning toward petitioning Aug/Sept. October is NAXJA's Fall Fling in Moab. http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126 (For reference only, this is when the event usually takes place)

Was looking for feedback on TSF over the next day or so...then I figured I'd talk to folks meeting up for breakfast on Saturday to see what kinda dates we might look at.

Last edited:
Working ideas over with the wife. Are there any hotels in the area? Within 30 minutes?

Thanks
Jason

The town of Tillamook is approx. 30 miles away. (30-40 minutes). It's a touristy area so lots of hotels, bed and breakfast, etc. There's also auto parts stores, tire stores, groceries, restaurants, hospital with emergency room (don't ask me how I now), etc. There are also several vacation rental homes along the river between Browns Camp and Tillamook.

John

Avanteone said:
The town of Tillamook is approx. 30 miles away. (30-40 minutes). It's a touristy area so lots of hotels, bed and breakfast, etc. There's also auto parts stores, tire stores, groceries, restaurants, hospital with emergency room (don't ask me how I now), etc. There are also several vacation rental homes along the river between Browns Camp and Tillamook.

John

There's also a world class aviation museum in Tillamook, in a giant old airship hanger. It's absolutely worth the time to take a look. They specialize in WWII stuff, and they've got everything you can imagine, and all in flying condition. www.tillamookair.com Also, nearby in McMinville is the Evergreen Aviation Museum, also with a great collection of warbirds. The star of the show there is the Hughes H-4 Hercules, aka the Spruce Goose. That's an amazing sight! www.sprucegoose.org

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
There's also a world class aviation museum in Tillamook, in a giant old airship hanger. It's absolutely worth the time to take a look. They specialize in WWII stuff, and they've got everything you can imagine, and all in flying condition. www.tillamookair.com Also, nearby in McMinville is the Evergreen Aviation Museum, also with a great collection of warbirds. The star of the show there is the Hughes H-4 Hercules, aka the Spruce Goose. That's an amazing sight! www.sprucegoose.org

-----Matt-----

the spruce goose is truly a sight to behold. i saw it when it was in the giant dome next to the queen mary in long beach, ca. i wouldn't mind taking a second look, seeing as how i was about 9 or 10 when i first toured it.

The evergreen aviation museum is absoutely........positively.........unbelievable.
i went maybe 2 years ago, it is crazy. Easily the coolest planes in there are the fighter jets from WWII in perfect condition. The whole museum (literally, like the building) is centered around the spruce goose, which takes up so much room you cannot beleive it. its really cool

when is a pre-run planned? I'd be down for tagging along.

'nother note, if you got a question about what's available in cow-town (Tillamook), just ask. I drive there every day (FedEx driver). Sad thing is, I drive back to our terminal in portland every day, go past Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, Fox Ridge, Kansas Creek, and the best I've done so far is take the FedEx truck up over the top from Trask River to Fox Ridge (it's shorter than driving back through town).

sorry for the hijack guys......but was wonderin if we could mebbe plan somethin small within the next couple of weeks, even if it is a get together and eat and bs thing......comin home on EML from iraq and would like to see the gang again.

-Kris

trainwrexj said:
the spruce goose is truly a sight to behold. i saw it when it was in the giant dome next to the queen mary in long beach, ca. i wouldn't mind taking a second look, seeing as how i was about 9 or 10 when i first toured it.
I saw it when I was a kid in Long Beach, too.

jpars said:
The evergreen aviation museum is absoutely........positively.........unbelievable.
i went maybe 2 years ago, it is crazy. Easily the coolest planes in there are the fighter jets from WWII in perfect condition. The whole museum (literally, like the building) is centered around the spruce goose, which takes up so much room you cannot beleive it. its really cool
The museum in Tillamook isn't as fancy as the Evergreen, but the planes are just as impressive, to me more so because they still fly.

-----Matt-----

Back