• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nominations for officers

Damn ... a freakin' storm comes through and tears the heck out of everything and the power goes out for 28 hours ... I've missed a lot of info. Sorry I've been offline.

I see Beezil has stirred the pot ... stimulating everyone. Remember Beezil, change can be good. We don't have to do this like anyone else. This is a unique bunch and we can do this anyway we want to ... as long as it gets the job done. I really do think there are several who honestly want to be actively involved in getting a Chapter going besides SeanR ... but I also aggree Sean has been the driving force so far keeping this alive ... not to forget Lesslimited and Gil who have stayed very active too.

I aggree with Woody on the Nomination Committee. We have started this process ... right or wrong ... why step backward? We have a list pf people who are interested in participating ... whatever the position.

Tom (Urban Redneck) has made a good point when he commented on his own personal strengths and weakness'. Maybe all of us who have been nominated should do the same ... do a self assessment and determine how each of us can better contribute ... including Beezil!

Sean sent me the spreadsheet he put together of those interested in a Midwest Chapter that includes members and forum users (nice job Sean). As I understand it, a member of a Regional Chapter must be a member of NAXJA. Some of the other Chapters had a Members List before they held elections of officers. At what point do we want to obtain verification from each of those interested, and submit this roster to the National BOD ... before or after an election of officers? When does the Mideast Chapter (or whatever the name is to be) become an official Regional Chapter?

I propose we let a "Committee" (that conduct the Nomination/Election process) also determine the progression we should take. This whole process needs to be established and organized.

Les

PS: Congrats Jeeplas ... see your name in red!

The committee thing is just an idea. I thought it would have been a great way to make sure nobody is being pressured into doing something they regret.

Now would be a great time for some guidance from the national level or other chapters who have gone through this process.

Scott Mac. said:
The committee thing is just an idea. I thought it would have been a great way to make sure nobody is being pressured into doing something they regret.

Now would be a great time for some guidance from the national level or other chapters who have gone through this process.

screw the nationalists....bucha of defeatist mongrels.

No matter how ya slice it, the objective is to elect some good folks who can keep the chapter motivated and productive.

I'd suggest a one year term initially, but that isn't any of my business.

The more folks who step up and volunteer or simply participate (at all levels) the more successful y'alls prospective Chapter can be. The Midwest is BIG! and diverse. I know, I lived in KS for 5 years. Keep folks advised of things going on all over... cookouts, wrenchfests, wheelin trips etc... The web is great for instant exposure to whatever, but IMHO getting XJ/MJ people together is the tie that binds NAXJA as a club.

Woody

Incentive....

If we can pull this off after dilly-dallying for the past couple of years...

I will host another Meatfest this year

:lickout:

woody said:
No matter how ya slice it, the objective is to elect some good folks who can keep the chapter motivated and productive.

Perhaps Beezils Spanking machine will keep everyone motivated.
"The @$$ whooping will continue untill the morale inproves!"

woody said:

I'd suggest a one year term initially, but that isn't any of my business.

The more folks who step up and volunteer or simply participate (at all levels) the more successful y'alls prospective Chapter can be. The Midwest is BIG! and diverse. I know, I lived in KS for 5 years. Keep folks advised of things going on all over... cookouts, wrenchfests, wheelin trips etc... The web is great for instant exposure to whatever, but IMHO getting XJ/MJ people together is the tie that binds NAXJA as a club.

Woody

Woody is right. I lived in Mt. Prospect, Il most of my lift and have lived in Cali 3-1/2 yrs. I know the trails are limited in the Midwest area, but that doesn't mean they don't exist and a run cannot be generated that is somewhat central. The Midwest Chapter would probably include many states and a very large area, compared to the Sierra Chapter that I belong to in Nor Cal and then there is the SoCAL chapter (2 chapters in 1 state). Cali is a big state and has a large population which makes this necessary. Come on you guys, get some ideas together and form some sort of union in the Midwest and go do some wheeling other than the Badlands, etc., that place is nice, but $20 a day is a bit $$$. Start networking and find where other 4x4 clubs are going and then hit those areas with a NAXJA run (mostly xj run). Many times NAXJA runs get other non-xj's tagging along, but the group is mostly xj's and directed by xj guys. I go back to Rockford, IL a few times a year and would like to meet you guys and do a run with my brother-in-law in his 76' CJ-7. In my opinion a good Midwest Chapter would include, IL, WI, IN, MI (greater St. Louis area), MO, MN (greater Minneapolis area) with its hub being in the capital of the Midwest, Chicago. Possibly even Ohio, but the Great Lakes area would make up most of the members. Just my $.02 worth of info, get this thing off the ground already. The Midwest is the heartland of the U.S. for crying out loud. If you cannot thing worked out and love wheeling as much as I do move to Northern California (Sacramento area), we'd be happy to have you Midwesterners. :roflmao:
Troy

So should we pick a deadline for nominations and move towards holding an election already?

The July 31st Badlands run should provide an opportunity for at least several of the interested people to discuss things face to face. I think we should set a time for a meeting ahead of time, and stick with it. If we could arrange a cookout for everyone Sat nite, we would have everyone together. What do y'all think about that?

Sounds good John ... What has happened to the idea of a Nomination Committee/Steering Committee? This just kinda appeared and then left up in the air.

Jeeplas ... what exactly do you mean "It's in the works"?

Les

lbexj said:
Sounds good John ... What has happened to the idea of a Nomination Committee/Steering Committee? This just kinda appeared and then left up in the air.

Jeeplas ... what exactly do you mean "It's in the works"?

Les

Sorry Les, I thought you where notified, When I thought the idea of a nominating committee was getting a less than favorable response, others were thinking otherwise.

Scott Mac. said:
Sorry Les, I thought you where notified, When I thought the idea of a nominating committee was getting a less than favorable response, others were thinking otherwise.

No problem Scott ... just needed to get up to date up on this after the power outage we had here.

Thanks ...

Les

Back