• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nominations for officers

Great!! ... Thanks Jeeplas! I'll second Beezil's nomination for Brewmeister.

Updated 2: 25 PM ...

* No "second" for the current nomination.

President Nominations:
Lawn Cher
*SeanR
lbexj

Vice President Nominations:
SeanR

Treasurer Nominations:
Jeeplas

Recorder Nominations:
Lesslimited
Phunkadelic

Brewmeister Nominations:
Beezil

Les

I have asked les to re-add my name. It occured to me that to say I would help, and then refuse to, just makes me a di*k. However....I would have no problem with jeeplas handling anything she wants.

Rev

Updated 8:40 PM ...

President Nominations:
Lawn Cher
*SeanR
lbexj

SeanR

Treasurer Nominations:
Jeeplas
Rev Den

Recorder Nominations:
Lesslimited
Phunkadelic

Brewmeister Nominations:
Beezil

Les

In your defense, Rev, way back when we started this discussion, you were unemployed, and you now have a job that takes you out of town quite a bit, so your second thoughts were understandable.

On another note, although I've already nominated or seconded people for each position, I would like to see Scott Mac involved in some way, as he's the one person whom I've actually met who goes back to the beginning of NAXJA, and is willing to help.

What the hell did I miss?

You all suck.... :party:

(I'll probably be Colorado Chapter before this is through)

Well, I have not nominated anyone yet, so I will nominate Scott Mac for Vice President.

BTW GI John ... when did you become so dern contrary? I saw the thread you started sucking up to the Colorado boys. Whats the matter ... Razz you about losing a tire and nearly rolling your XJ and now you're wanting to run off?? :laugh3:

Les

I had a really long answer, but LessLimited PM'd me while I was doing it and I F'd it up

I'm a Gypsy Vote....can't tell where Uncle sugar is gonna send me next....I'd love to go to Ft Carson, CO so I figured I'd ask around....Definitely better trails.....

So when are we gonna stop talking and start wheeling? I NEED A BREAK!

BTW, I've been partaking in the alcoholic beverages, so bite me If you're offended..... :nono:

DISLAIMER: THOUGHTSISS WHILE UNDERR THE INFLIUENCE MAY BE DISTRORTEDD

I'm sure there are better trails out there. Can't you tell I'm just jealous??

We should be doing some wheeling real soon ... will let you know as soon as we get something planned, BTW ... the only skin that's real thin on me is on top this old bald head :doh: ... so be gentle ya drunk grunt!

Les

Updated 10:20 PM ...

President Nominations:
Lawn Cher
*SeanR
lbexj

SeanR
Scott Mac

Treasurer Nominations:
Jeeplas
Rev Den

Recorder Nominations:
Lesslimited
Phunkadelic

Brewmeister Nominations:
Beezil

Les

Updated 5:30 AM ...

President Nominations:
Lawn Cher
SeanR
lbexj

SeanR
Scott Mac

Treasurer Nominations:
Jeeplas
Rev Den

Recorder Nominations:
Lesslimited
Phunkadelic

Brewmeister Nominations:
Beezil

Les

lbexj said:
Some questions I have:

1) How do we handle nominations for members that have been nominated for multiple positions? Example: SeanR is nominated for President and Vice President. If these nominations become official with a "second", which position is he a candidate ... both of them?

2) Who is responsible for recording these Nomination Proceedings?

1) I think the nominee should decide which position they want to run for, i.e. accept one and decline the other, just so that we don't wind up with one person running the entire show. Or, if on the off chance they do get elected to both positions, they could choose which position they want and the runner up for the other position gets the job.

2) I'll check with the National BOD on this one...

Thanks for the nominations, BTW. I'm flattered, and am looking forward to helping and/or leading in any way I can. Its great to see enough interest to be able to have an actual race in each of the positions!

I'd agree that the nominees should pick which position they prefer to run for before the elections. I don't think it is written that they must

I am also heartened that there are a plethora of nominees among this group... It shows motivation!

Well since I have been nominated for two positions, I will let the membership decide which one I should do.
I have thought about it all day and I do not know what to do.
What do you guys want me to do?
I don't care either way.
I think this is why the by-laws call for an election/nominations commitee.

Speaking of by-laws, the by laws call for a fifth person, an events director, do we want to have one of these?

I don't know.... :dunno:

woody said:
...I am also heartened that there are a plethora of nominees among this group... It shows motivation!

Looks like Beezil's reverse psychology is finally working :D

The intent is to have an odd # of Board Members... We used to have the Event Chairman holding a voting seat, that has been changed to a Director at large holding the 5th voting seat...

jeeplas said:
I sent in my dues and app. via pay pal on the 7th. They said it would take 6 days to process.

If you guys would quit draging your rear ends and tie the knot you wouldn't have to pay for a second membership.

I am glad to see Lawn Cher' and Woody chime in with their experience since they have been involved in these. Thanks Lawn Cher' and Woody ...

I'm curious how the Colorado Chapter conducted their nomination and election proceedings since they are the most recently formed Chapter.

Les

I would like to nominate Urban Redneck for Treasurer. I know it may be a lottle unusual for a canidate to nominate someone for his position, but hey....let the membership decide, whats important is we get the best for the job.

Rev

Back