• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Skill...

cool head????? it must be cool from the icepack that you applied to it when you hit it underneath your jeep while wrenching on it and putting in unsafe mods :D

hahahha
Kejtar

Last edited:
Did someone say rain!!?? We just got our first rain in months here! You can see everyone breaking out there jeeps and making the phone calls to line up a run for tonight!! Of course we only run bone stock rigs out here...wouldn't want to jepardize are safty now would we???

bigcat.jpg

Holding a beer bottle without opposable thumbs is a danger to oneself and to OTHERS!!

Yea, I guess thats outbound. :eek:

yes Woody i want to be there when your luck runs out, don't think it will happen soon.

well, to protect all thoes young guys with little experence out there and represent them, id have to say that getting a lift (3.5") for me becomes a necesity to keep up with my friend with the 85 4 runner with 35's locked front/rear, 5.88 gears, dual t-cases, hi-steer ...
He bought this truck from a builder and never turned a wrench on it. he rolled it (it has an exo) and then learned how to drive in my XJ, then drove his rig through stuff that he couldnt before and began fixing his show truck and making it a real off roader [re did suspention, added skids, bought a spare tire, and added tow points]

anyway, id have to say to anyone new, start stock, drive and have fun.

All of my friends who had a stock vehicle and wheeled it then upgraded slowly, spent 5000 (over a period of years), tell me that they had just as much fun stock, only it was less expensive breakage that occured.
i.e. when stock, a friend banged up his oil pan real bad (TJ) and replaced it before it was terrible, then added armor [learning]
then after his 6" total lift and 35's he snaped his rear d-shaft u-joint and axle shaft (D44) while crawling...
new oil pan = 50? IIRC
axle shaft, u-joint, headache of pulling yourself to the road then driving 20 hours home in 4high with a trans leaking atf all the way = priceless

i dono, i started stock (with factory off road package THANK GOD!) and got oil pan skid, t-case skid and rear reciever as first mods. Then CB and 235/75 BFG all-terrains

had a ton of fun on that setup.

more mods doesnt equal more fun...

Centrevillemx said:
Does Any one here think that the reason for build these huge Machines (And not just XJ's but all 4X4's) Is because drivers have no paitence or time to learn to be a good driver? Its gotten so Bad that we have to move rocks to make obstacles harder. Supposedly there was a time in the early 40's to late 50's that most people (If they owned a Jeep) left it completly stock and took it to places like Moab and Rubicon. Completing these trails with stock vehicles(Or Nearly So) is an accomplishment worthy of recognition. The Phrase used to be "If you can't get there in a jeep, You'd Better think twice about going". Today it seems to be "If You can't get there in a Jeep, Pour Endless Amounts of Time and Money to build something that can". Just Food for thought...

I'd have to agree, except the reason I've built my rig the way I have is to try to sharpen my fabrication skills (at the mercy of my driving skills :gag: )
Billy

i have seen near stock xjs do way more than i can do.... why? because im 17 and cant drive. but i still think that there are going to always be things that i can do with a 6 inch lift and 33's over a budget boost.

CW said:
this thread is two years old.
10_1_19.gif

Yeah..........how in the world did this thread get dug up again?

:yap: :yap: :yap:

someone back in may btt'd it, then it got re found last night...I must say tho you do learn a lot about how to drive wheeling a stock vehicle. With my Tracker I learned a lot about tire placement, throttle (more of it), and line choice. Now in my XJ Throttle isn't as necessary. I actually have power. But the things I learned about tire placement and picking lines has stuck with me, as has extra caution about checking what's ahead of you since its a daily driver and still on loan.

Back