• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nitro axles

im just posting up my personal experiences.

i bought a pair of yukon super joints and a pair of yukon outer d44 shafts.

one of the yukon shafts was out of spec (ears spread too much) so i went into my superjoint instruction manual, and it said to bend the ears of the shaft in a vice. so I did, taking my time, backing off every so often, then bam one of the ears snapped off. then the other yukon axle broke while in the mud, not even doing anything too nutty, didn't see that coming.

I tried to warranty the one where the ear snapped off, but once it got to the point where I had to tell them about the vehicle they never got back to me. I would rather run a proven product or a new product than take a risk on buying a product that has failed me in the past

This definately is good that they are taking the steps to fix things.

Yeah maybe so. Metal will fatigue over time as you know. I see alot of Yukon bashing on here. I guess I can say it's justified, we did have some heat treating issues on a couple of shipments. That has been taken care of. Randy has spent hundreds of thousands on a new quality lab, and hired 5 new people to ensure things like this don't happen again. I'm pretty sure no one in the industry has spent as much to insure a great product.

Just got Nitro Chomo's from the brown truck for my hp44. I'll be putting them to the test this weekend, so I'll let you all know how it turns out. I've already shattered a yukon chromo set, so I'm hoping this will fix the problem, or at least allow it to happen less often. So far, I'm very impressed with how these shafts look...

So far....I'm very impressed with the durability of the Nitro's. I beat on them this weekend with aired down 37's and all is well (that's more than I can say compared to my last Yukon set).

Also, I witnessed another guy running 44 Nitro shafts on 38" SX's, under healthy V-8 power, and they survived the weekend assaults. Very impressive.

Back