• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nice engine skid...

JeepinGoose said:
wow let the mud fligging begin! sheesh, grow up all core was sayin is that SOMEWHERE, theres that rock that someone (like you) will look at and scoff at until it puts a hole in thier oil pan and they are stuck on the trail asking everyone to help them out because they chose to argue about whos skid is bigger rather than act like adults and post pictures of rock that have taken precious parts like oil pans and driveshafts.... oh wait someone DID post one of those . :D

The key is to learn to drive so you place a tire on those pesky tiny rocks and not under the rig

yes and i dont think anyone PURPOSLY puts thier rig in danger, but like Core said "shi* happens" thats how i broke a tierod, went up on poser rock at uwharrie and slid off taking my tierod apart in the process.

DSC00185.jpg

JeepinGoose said:
yes and i dont think anyone PURPOSLY puts thier rig in danger, but like Core said "shi* happens" thats how i broke a tierod, went up on poser rock at uwharrie and slid off taking my tierod apart in the process.

DSC00185.jpg

What do ya expect its one of them girly rigs :kissyou: J/K

I would like to see an engine skid with a good dent in it.

i dunno, i just don't see it as a vulnerable spot... maybe I'm not wheeling hard enough :rolleyes: Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing anyone in the Sierra crew running one...?

BrettM said:
I would like to see an engine skid with a good dent in it.

i dunno, i just don't see it as a vulnerable spot... maybe I'm not wheeling hard enough :rolleyes: Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing anyone in the Sierra crew running one...?

ditto for Arizona...must be east cost thing

BrettM said:
so WHO HAS A PICTURE OF A BASHED ENGINE SKID OR OIL PAN?

mine has a nice dent in it

the Rusty's engine skid

will take a pic of the skid tuesday when i see the jeep again and pick up the new t-case...
:rattle::rattle:

This copied from my eng skid recommendation post-
I've got a Rusty's and it saved my a@s the first time out. Slide off a rock onto a rock and nailed the skid under the tranny pan, near the outer right edge of skid. Bent the pan, but it's a quick fix. Do it before you install and never worry about it again. I welded a piece of 1"x.125" square tube to each inner side and ran a few evenly spaced beads up and down the tube. This after I re-tweaked the skid. Also, the resonator on my "99 xj hits the mounting crossbar. That down tube should be changed anyway as the top is crimped from the factory. Just haven't done it yet, saving for header to do it all at once. It rattles every once in a while. There are only four bolts holding the skid on so changing tranny fluid isn't that big of a deal, how often do you change the fluid anyway? I use the Fram quick drain as well.
Anyway, I definitely agree you should build your rig according to terrain (mostly) driven. If you're not hitting stuff underneath and neither is anyone else then why put on extra weight? My rig is a little short-legged (4" lift and 32 TSL's) and the trails I ride on have a tendency to hit stuff on the bottom, whether by accident or otherwise. And I can assure you I know about tire placement! My $.02.
0054small101.jpg

xjnation said:
What do ya expect its one of them girly rigs :kissyou: J/K

lol ya i didnt even think of the fact that i was posting a picture of my TJ on NAXJA but in my own defense, my TJ is built up pretty decent allready and as for my XJ, still need to get it running right :D so as soon as i can, im takin it wheelin!

Back