• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new XJ owner

this probably sounds dumb but what do 235s equal out to

A 235 tire on a 15" rim equals to about a 29" diameter tire. The width of the tire and width of the rim affects the aspect ratio.

A 235 tire on a 15" rim equals to about a 29" diameter tire. The width of the tire and width of the rim affects the aspect ratio.

aspect ratio is the width of the tire versus the height of the sidewall-- so the aspect ratio is definitely needed to determine how tall the tire is.

usually used is a 235-75-15 which is about 29.5" tall

aspect ratio is the width of the tire versus the height of the sidewall-- so the aspect ratio is definitely needed to determine how tall the tire is.

usually used is a 235-75-15 which is about 29.5" tall

Aaaaaaaah, let's see here;..... I think tires start with a fixed (more or less) figure. Let us use 235.

What does the 235 represent? The width of the tire based on the rim width?
The overall diameter of the tire from?

Then we take the 75. The 75 represents a % (percentage). Percentage of 235. Is that percentage (75 % 235 = 176.25) the height of the tire or the width of the tire?

Is a 235-85-15 tire taller or wider than the 235-75-15 tire? :dunno:

Last edited:
i think from the factory they were 225/75/15s or 215/75/15s? that is, unless it came on 16s stock.

225 is stock.

Check and make sure your swaybar is still connected. :p
Buy a set of good shocks like OME or bilsteins since your lift prob has the rc shocks which are okay for a budget and your looking for better ride quality.

OR. You can buy another kit and sell your current 3" on here! Rubicon Express has great products for some extra $$. The 3.5" kits will look like a 4" kit easy and you could fit a 33,32, or 31" tire. 31's look okay but kinda small with these kits.

You know, you are absolutely correct. My XJ came with 225-70-15 which was a little smaller than most others I have seen.

The answer was in front my eyes but I kept looking in another direction.

:doh::twak:

Back