• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to me 97 xj

image.jpg

Well she is off the ground. Tried to get the alignment as close as I could. Still have to run the brakes, and get new tires and wheels of coarse hopefully in the next couple weeks that will happen so I can get to test my luck at the badlands

Well I got my brake lines take. Care of on Friday, unfortunately I have a pretty wicked driveline vibration from about ten to thirty miles per hour so hopefully I can get the studs out and install the transfer case drop supplied with my rustys kit this week. I will have to put some heat to them because I tried with out heat and they wouldn't budge. I just hope that takes care of it u til I can afford a hack and tap sye

it probably will.

if you reach up and grab the yoke at ride height you'll find that the splines don't engage far enough now to keep it from wobbling. All of the fixed yoke ones suffer the same issue. My 97 did it until I de lift blocked it.

Well the transfer case drop has been installed and I still have driveline vibrations.. Also noticed a POp when turning.. I believe it to be the tie rod.
Double check that its not the tracbar...they can cause a popping sound too depending on what kind of joint it has

Well it was the driver side tie rod. Got that squared away. Now to find a sye hack and tap for a 242 😳

All the ones I have found are for 231 .

Although Tom woods driveline can do one for it, I'm not sure I want to tear apart my t case and send out the part..

Pulled off all of the plastics, took my measurements for my bumpers and rock sliders so I will probably start on that with a buddy of mine in the next week or so.

Rear rockers are shot so I will be doing a cut and fold and wrapping my new bumpers around for some protection

image.jpg

Well this weekend I went out to Illinois and picked up these 35x12.5x15 wheels and tires from a naxja member and now to finish trimming! I flexed her out a bit at work and put a small gash in the rear tires
image.jpg

Back