• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Jeeps

Sounds good!

My bet is the whiplash-inducing behavior you experienced was due to the O2 sensor. Good to know the head isn't full of mud, too.

I did find something else interesting though, apparently the rear upper shock mount bolts broke on the last fella so instead of fixing the problem they tack welded the uppers:-( other than that I started soaking everything down with the best penetrating oil ever (50/50 mix of Acetone and trans fluid well shook up) so when I have to work on something it'll break loose instead of break.

Hosing things down with PB Blaster is a good maintenance idea for your area.

Yep... wouldn't be surprised if some ghetto shop did that. Most people wouldn't check and it is way faster to tack weld it and watch the tail-light warranty expire.

Some interesting differences of experiences/opinion on either side of the "pond".

I paid £750 for my 138,000 miles '96 4.0 Ltd in a snow storm in January - when 4x4's were supposed to be at a premium. I can't imagine any standard pre-2000 Cherokee going for much over £1,000 (think that's about $1,200 now) Agaist that, parts are hard to find, and expensive when you do (cost me almost as much as the purchase price top have CPS & both O2 sensors changed) & it's a pig to work on (how many postings are there on this forum about broken fastners & the like?) - the only job I've done on it without breaking something &/or it taking a day for every hour it should have, was fitting new disc pads!.
However, it is a nice drive, capable, competant & good fun (can't stand boring vehicles!) but I can only dream of 23-24 mp(US)g!

So far it's proved very reliable (the problem with the CPS &/or O2 sensors was because I fried something rooting about under the hood for somewhere to pick up an ignition fed power supply)

I wonder if RockAuto will ship to the UK? I know their prices beat just about everyone over here and from the sound of it, even after import duties and shipping you'd still be ahead.

Back