• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

Got really motivated after my holes were fixed so I talked the ole lady into letting me to the bottom finally.

45 bucks at walmart
jeep033.jpg

Spent a good thirty minutes scuffing everything up on the top since if you don't prep it don't stick.
jeep032.jpg

Taped everything up... pretty simple to do this job.
jeep034.jpg

jeep035.jpg

Then I just started spreading it on like paint. Real simple and cheap for that much protection.

This is the first coat ofcourse...
jeep036.jpg

I ended up doing two coats on it and I will put a third on in the morning then pull the tape off and get some more pics.

jeep037.jpg

jeep038.jpg

Jeep really looks weird now but maybe it is just a drastic change and will grow on me. Kinda makes me want to paint the wheels Black now. Or the top white. Any Thoughts.

Maybe a Poll is in order for painting the jeep. Wood is staying on.

Last edited:
looks good stryker keep it like that

I own a White Commander and a Black waggie already.

I can Paint the rhino lining at the bottom if need.

Colors for Poll.

THinking keep wheels white and paint the top white.

Think Black out the whees and do a weird Camo up top.

I would love to find my paint code and use it but I can't.

Any other thoughts some one mentioned gray on another forum

Any pics yet without the tape?

(BTW how's your hand doing?)

That looks REALLY good!

I almost wonder what it would look like with black up top and the wood panel still there???

Been awhile since I updated this thread. Not much work just some minor things that have been buggin me.

Went to pull-a-part today and found a center console.

The original one was cracked

Jeep001-1.jpg

Also remounted my CB bracket a lil more secure to keep the plastic from breaking so easy.

Jeep002-1.jpg

Jeep003-1.jpg

This time I remembered to put the heater vent back in on installation. Been out since I rhinoed the interior oops!

Jeep004-1.jpg

Final installation

Jeep010-1.jpg

This is how I wired in the CB if anyone is interested. The Top red wire is POS and the bottom one is the neg. I tested with a Multimeter first and they worked fine. Good thing about this one is the truck can be off and the CB still work!

Fusepanel.jpg

A guy on another forum made these up and I thought they were sweet. They cost 50 bucks a set but I think they are worth it. PM for details if you are interested in them.

Door Sills.

Jeep008-1.jpg

Jeep009-1.jpg

That's about it now. I just ordered a few more things to help get ready for winterfest. Almost owned the jeep a year and it has come a long way. It has been my Daily driver for awhile now.

Keep the thread going....I'm getting ideas here :)
As for the wheels I'd paint them, just not sure what though, but probably black, but then I'd probably paint the whole thing black which is what I'm planning on doing to mine once I get to work on it. At the moment I need to get the garage door finished so I can get the XJ's in it!

JS

Hey man sweet job on your truck. Sucks about your fingers. I had a buddy get his smashed in the Stryker driver hatch due to a bad spring holding it up. At least it wasn't the ramp you got it caught in!!!!

I was at Lewis from 04-06. We (1st BDE, 25th ID) replaced 3/2 in Mosul. After we got back, we moved to Germany and took 4th BDE's old colors: 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment.

I should be heading to Ft. Campbell here around August of this year, so maybe we can hook up and trade old Mosul stories.

Oh yeah, I vote black on black with the wood. That would be pretty sick.

Keep it up man.

I just read this whole thing, looks good, try to come to WF.

I hope he does so i can get that overhead console from him! :D

Back