• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member from the I.E.

jasoncarpenter1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all. My name is Jason. I normally take pride in building my own rig but this time I bought an XJ I can start wheeling almost instantly. Its a 1989 XJ 4 door, already lifted, 33" all terrains, lincoln locked front and rear axles, Cage, green sticker, header. It needs a few things. I'm trying to Make the Azusa Canyon Obstacle thing this Sunday.
This rig is a local one. It has scratched off XJSOCAL.COM stickers on it. I picked it up from a guy in Hesperia.
I'm actually a mud guy. I built a 1994 Bronco, 1 ton axles and suspension, Detroit rear, power loc front, 5.13 gears, 460 efi big block sitting on 42" IROK's I have 47" LTB on order.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trail.....:cheers:

Last edited:
Welcome! Mud huh? Not too many options around here for you are there? I quit going to Azusa when the pigs were ticketing people in the parking lot.

If that rig is ready to try out, you should bring it out to calico saturday night...way more fun than mud.

Lincoln locked front?
Welcome.

Both axles are welded. full lock all the time.
Its missing the pass, upper control arm. I pick up the rubicon express one and axle tube bracket tomorrow mourning. Hopefully get it installed tomorrow. Probably not going to make calico, but should make the Obstacle course at Azusa on Sunday.

Ya I love the sound of 6,000 rpm and mud slinging. Can't wait to start krawling over boulders the size of VW's.........:eyes:

Both axles are welded. full lock all the time.
Its missing the pass, upper control arm. I pick up the rubicon express one and axle tube bracket tomorrow mourning. Hopefully get it installed tomorrow. Probably not going to make calico, but should make the Obstacle course at Azusa on Sunday.

Ya I love the sound of 6,000 rpm and mud slinging. Can't wait to start krawling over boulders the size of VW's.........:eyes:

you'll forget all about the mud once you get in the rocks.

come on out to johnson valley next month and get your feet wet!

we have a mud pit you can play in out there even! if its dry ill dump my rv cleanouts in there to get er all wet for ya.

oh and 4.0s don't like revvin too much, I floated a few valves in my days playin in the IE cess pools.

Welcome!! I really like your taste in color scheme.......

I seen you at Azusa yesterday. I didn't recognize you until I seen the pic. At one point you were parked next to me.

you'll forget all about the mud once you get in the rocks.

come on out to johnson valley next month and get your feet wet!

we have a mud pit you can play in out there even! if its dry ill dump my rv cleanouts in there to get er all wet for ya.

oh and 4.0s don't like revvin too much, I floated a few valves in my days playin in the IE cess pools.

Oh no this is my mud truck. I bought the XJ to climb rocks.

My Bronco buddies at TDS...

I'm not not sure exactly, but I believe it's 33" tire limit, no aftermarket axles or lift kit. My jeep looks homemade. I guess stock looking. Most of the rigs were classified "modified"

...we have a mud pit you can play in out there even! if its dry ill dump my rv cleanouts in there to get er all wet for ya.

HAHA!!! Yuck!

14690982_1107141042715919_4645077089042592773_n.jpg

Back