• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Job

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
So the company I work or have worked for since 2003 had had a few buy outs and after many many changes in management and other areas I felt it's time to move on. Thought the job hunt was going to be harder than it was. Made one phone call to a guy that left the company and two interviews later I gave notice today and the response I got from telling them I was leaving pretty much re enforced why I wanted to leave. 30th was to be my last week for a two week notice but I'm thinking tomorrow morning I'm just going to gather my few last personal items and turn in my company owned items and go have a beer and hit the golf course or at least the driving range.
Found a job for a few dollars more an hour and a bit more of a drive North in the Ft. Collins area but worth it at this point. just need to fine me a cheap commuter car now.

I gave notice today and the response I got from telling them I was leaving pretty much re enforced why I wanted to leave.

Pretty sad when an employer treats you that way after many faithful years. My last job was the same way, busted my ass and never missed a day of work, but had an opportunity somewhere else making quite a bit more money so I took it. Also thought they'd understand seeings how I just had my first son, just got married, yada yada yada....NOPE....they treated me like I was a low life sack of monkey shit and arranged for me to be sent to a different store ( ran by a Nazi ) to finish out my 2 weeks. After I heard that, I grabbed my personal belongings and never looked back!

Hope this new venture works out for you! :cheers:

I worked for a fabrication pipeline company started back in 2003 we had some down turns in the economy and the oil and gas line work. Stuck with them did what was asked and more and even a pay cut when times were hard. never got back what I was making and then this last review I got from our new ownership/management reinforced the fact that I was just a number and that I was a replaceable number. So I gave my two weeks notice and got a email from my boss saying thanks and just wanted to confirm my last day. no asking why or didn't ask to even talk to me so I went in and took the last of my stuff and packed up today. felt good.
I'm a purchasing agent buyer or procurement sometimes they call it. we have a company of 600+ emp and only 3 of us did the buying well they are down to two now. I'm going to work for a competitor for more money smaller tighter nit of people. a few that used to work for the old company and got out a while ago.

I would have been an idiot to turn this job down. more money less hours. fewer middle man to deal with I believe I report directly to the owner and they only have a few Project managers I'll be assisting that know what they are doing vs the 30 PM that know very little of what they are or should be doing.

last year alone I was told we reduced spending cost by 1.8 million yet our Pipeline division only captured 1.5 mil of 55 mil that was on the plate. and yet they gave me 33 cent raise and that was the only one in over 2 years.

these are some bean counting guys that ran a concrete business into the ground out in Utah so they came out here and thought they could strike it rich in the oil and gas.

they are failing big time.

People don't quit their jobs, they quit their bosses...

Good luck with the new venture!

People don't quit their jobs, they quit their bosses...

Not always. I really liked my manager at my last job, one of the best I ever had the pleasure to work for. I quit that job for a better opportunity.

Good luck in your new position. Did you feel a weight come off your shoulders when you quit?

There is a difference between a boss and a leader. There are plenty of Boss's there and no leaders so it was easy to walk away from.
O ya Thursday I gave notice and it felt great. yesterday when I left it was sad to say good bye to a few good people still there, but got home had dinner and the feeling was strange but good. Ended up just falling asleep early last night. that weight and stress of the BS that I had been dealing with for over the last few years gone felt great.

http://www.davesflow.com/

They are a smaller company on the grow. seems to be a better managed growth than the place I was at before. They have a bunch of concrete "Experts" thinking they can run an oil and gas company. they have no clue and the frustration level was off the chart with these guys.
my boss during a meeting told us that we had help reduce the spending for our pipeline division by 1.8 mill from last year. then he gave me a .33 cent raise.
not that sounds good but that was the first raise in over 3 years and to top that off the pipeline division only profited 1.5 so we saved more in reduced spending cost then they did profit and I got .33 cent raise but the head VP of the pipeline got a new 50k gmc truck makes 6 figure income and gets job bonuses?
we have VPs getting into fist fights in parking lots with other emp when told to watch there mouths in a meeting because he kept dropping F bombs and other language in front of women.
you had to look past all the lack of leadership skills and just laugh at these guys.
If I had a dollar for everytime they said just get us the standard or what ever we normally use to do the job I would be retired.
in the oil and gas line of work there is no standard every job is different and has specs you have to fallow. guy wanted to build a test stand using standard non tested fittings and parts on a 3000# test setup. can we say KAAAABOOOOM lawsuit?

Pssshhhh. Stuff out here in the patch doesn't kaboom! :roflmao:
Seems poor management is a common problem in o/g area. My job is super easy and pays great. But working for overgrown children with no sense of accountability gets old. Glad ya found a new place.

Thanks Me too. If they stay going in the direction they are going at this rate then I don't see them being around much longer of they just sell off all there field pipeline divisions.
So even if they would have price matched my offer I wouldn't have stayed. No leadership at that place just money sucking managers.

Sounds like the Government running this country............. Over educated idiots with no common sense :smsoap:

Back