• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy

87cheif

NAXJA Forum User
just wanted to introduce myself. new guy from travis afb, ca (fairfield-vacaville area). i have an 87 cherokee cheif. no mods as of yet (not on the car yet). i do have a rough country 3" lift on order and tires and rims are soon to follow. looking foward to getting to one of your get togethers, perhaps the memorial day event. anyway, i'm learning a lot from all of you and hope to learn more. thanks

You are stoked if you '87 Chief came with the tow package. That means a D44 is in the back with a command trak limited slip. That is what I have and I go everywhere. The trick is to go slow over the tough stuff since it only locks up at slow speeds.

hearty welcome from the east coast :) :wave:

87cheif said:
just wanted to introduce myself. new guy from travis afb, ca (fairfield-vacaville area). i have an 87 cherokee cheif. no mods as of yet (not on the car yet). i do have a rough country 3" lift on order and tires and rims are soon to follow. looking foward to getting to one of your get togethers, perhaps the memorial day event. anyway, i'm learning a lot from all of you and hope to learn more. thanks

Welcome, hope to see you on the trails soon. I'm at the Air National Guard Base in Fresno. What's your AFSC?

Welcome!!! I too have an 87 Chief, Red, with just a few mods. Looking foward forward to meeting you on the trails this summer.

Thanks for the welcome. As for what i do at Travis AFB, I'm an aircraft mechanic on the KC-10A. I hope to see all of you on the trails this summer too. I should be getting my lift today or tomorrow. I'll post some before and after pictures as soon as it's on. later

Welcome to NAXJA :cheers: Look up Forrest B., he's a crew chief on a KC 10 there at Travis. He drives a lifted black limited XJ.

Forrest here, who are you? I'm in -21.

Edit: who thinks I got a nice rig? It's beat!! I got some more body damage.... from the palm tree on the front lawn! Neighbors are getting used to seeing rock lights in the tree at all hours. Suspention testing grounds :repair:

Welcome to NAXJA! I'm out in the sandbox, but hopefully soon I'll be back that way I can build my 99 cherokee. Theres a huge amount of experience and info here, so use it to your advantage. believe me i am. I'm a blackhawk mechanic in the army, so i understand the aviation life and havoc it plays w/ our wheeling time.

Kristen

forrest, this is guerrero dude. and yes i do think you have a nice jeep, regardless of the body damage. oh i got my lift today. what shift are you working? i need to put this lift on this week because i go over to A-Check next week. i'm sure i can handle putting it on but i need some air tools.

thanks anyway, i'm sure i can get to some of those bolts with regular hand tools. do you have a pair of axle stands i can borrow? i know i can use those. thanks

Back