• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ebay Lift, This looks scary

Cris_XJ said:
Hey I think that what you are doing is great ...@ssholes like this one gives ebay and the internet a badname ...anyway I was thinking what will happen if I will mail the fools bidding on this crap with a link to this post?? will I get in any trouble??

I'm not sure Chris, I haven't done it, and I won't. That would be going behind his back in my opinion. I have been as transparent as possible with all of this as I can be. Everything that I have written about this has been totally public, and I prefer to keep it that way.

Todd

motorcityxj said:
Cause you emotional stress ??? :rattle: :rattle: :rattle: :rattle:

BAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAAA This guy is a joke. I take back what i said before about my blood pressure couldn't handle this thread anymore. This guy is a real comic relief. What a tool. I think if i jumped really hard on that rear block it could dent, and eventually collapse. Please get him to atleast address why he doesn't use a solid billet block, then he could atleast have some sort of basis for calling his company billetwhatever. Its clearly a shameful cost cutting measure a few bucks of machined out aluminun for a human life. He sounds like a real stand up guy to me. :lecture:

Dunno man. You've seen how many times I asked him to log on and prove us wrong, but as you said, he's not really being a stand up guy with this.

Todd

NHxj4x4 said:
Dunno man. You've seen how many times I asked him to log on and prove us wrong, but as you said, he's not really being a stand up guy with this.Todd
Maybe he's afraid of getting a bunch of rubies on this site...:dunno:

I also emailed this guy to find out what information he could give me on this product. This amazed me that he is selling this product, next thing you know he will be making it out of PVC while super glueing it together and claiming that jeep dealerships will install it and that it is very safe.

1989laredoxj said:
I also emailed this guy to find out what information he could give me on this product. This amazed me that he is selling this product, next thing you know he will be making it out of PVC while super glueing it together and claiming that jeep dealerships will install it and that it is very safe.

No, that would be the extra strength version for an extra $20.

I noticed that one of the supposed pro's to this lift is that it is light weight. Now how many people lifting a jeep care about light weight? I wonder if there was a reason behind the hollow tube, besides it being cheaper. If the rear was solid this would not be as bad, still hack but i would consider it safe.

jeep1947 said:
I noticed that one of the supposed pro's to this lift is that it is light weight. Now how many people lifting a jeep care about light weight? I wonder if there was a reason behind the hollow tube, besides it being cheaper. If the rear was solid this would not be as bad, still hack but i would consider it safe.

While I would never consider a 3" block safe, it would be safer it it were solid. I have used a .5" block before, just for lift balancing, but that is it. I would assume that the only reason he is saying this is that "light weight" is cause it is a common good thing. I'm sure people are used to seeing that, and he ran with that.

you can, but they will cause axle wrap and with stock springs which are already soft this will only weaken them more and the springs will droop quicker. Which is why I call lift block a hack job, because they lift for a while, then the springs sag quicker and your back to height you started at.

jeep1947 said:
stock springs which are already soft this will only weaken them more and the springs will droop quicker.
Which do you think would sag faster, the leaf springs or his hollow aluminum lift blocks? :wierd:

Daryl

from what a buyer told me the hollow block sag upon torqueing the u-bolts to spec
so then put the weight of the vehicle on them and do a nice brake torque and watch it crush :)

NHxj4x4,

Good job on bringing this to light and hopefully soon stopping the sale of these dangerous products.

I've read this thread in its entirety and this guy has NOTHING on you. However I would not pursue the fact he impersonated an officer because you will waste your time on that one. Believe me. It was clearly against the law for him to do that, but the fact is, unless you have proof (a recording, etc), you will get nowhere fast. If you call a Sheriff's Office about this, all you can do is file a report. No LEO is going to go running over there to arrest him based on your claim, even if it is true.

But keep up the good work! This guy needs to stop selling this stuff!

I contacted E-bay yesterday via seller reporting and haven't heard anything back yet. I also have been e-mailing back and forth with "Jerry" and his answers were pathetic!

Ok, I've been reading everything here and I'm a little pissed that someone would atchually sell something that coule easly harm someone and G0d forbid the blocks fail going down the highway, someone could die! I can't stand just sit here and talk about it I would think filing a dispute with e-bay about the product, how he has made faulse statements, and how potentially dangerous this crap is! Though, I don't know all the details, nor have I talked with the guy so I would ask those of you who have confronted him to consider this. you could use this whole forum as reference of TRUE mechanics opinions.

Here are some of the messages we've exchanged...

I wrote: Dear jerryandmyrtie,

What in the world are you guys thinking? You can't sell those crappy lift kits and get away with it! Those things turn perfectly good Jeeps into DEATH TRAPS!!! Your product has a great price, but it is unsafe and not right for you too keep selling them. I don't know how you guys make them, but change the blocks at least to solid aluminum or something. These are not safe blocks to support the weight of any vehicle, let alone a trail Jeep!

Jerry wrote: All of our lifts come with a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I believe this speaks for itself. I'm sorry you feel this way however there are approx 5,000 people that have purchased ours lifts VIA Ebay and another several hundred have been installed on new TJ's Via a local Jeep dealer and everyone seams happy.

Thanks again,
Jerry L. Hackney

I wrote: I don't care if the Pope himself bought your kit and put it in his big ugly hat! I can take a crap in a box and slap an excellent return policy on it and get away with it. Does it matter how many fools bought your junk? No. The point is, the product is unsafe and should be made better or not sold at all.

Jerry wrote: Good one Tommy boy. Anyway I do not see how anyone that has not purchased our product has the right to comment on it.

I wrote: Oh you've seen the movie, nice. Ever heard of being an informed buyer? I would never buy a hollow square aluminum block to put under my Jeep. It is very unsafe and the block should be solid or at least made of steel. Do you know how much the Jeeps weigh before you make your product? A few thousand pounds spread over two chincy little hollow blocks cannot be close to a good idea. What do you have against making the product safe? Do you really want to turn a profit that bad? You need to get off the soapbox and re-think your business ethics for a while. Maybe then you won't put others at risk just to make a buck.

Jerry wrote: Thank you for the comment, if you don't like it - don't buy it.......

I wrote: I'm sorry to hear you have that attitude about putting people's lives in danger with your product. How can you do that with a clear conscience? Why don't you beef up the blocks or something? It wouldn't cost any more and then you could sleep at night. There are alot of upset people who drive the vehicles your lifts are for who aren't going to sit around and wait for someone to get hurt. If you need help re-designing a better kit, please ask me. There are alot of people very angry about your product's quality. I would never buy your product and I tell the 100's of Jeep owners that I know not to buy them either.

This guy is in total denial of what he's really doing to his customers. If anyone ever gets a hold of his phone number, we could all call and act like we're interested and then flip out when we "find out" that it's him and his product we're calling about. This guy needs to suck up his pride and go jump off the pier for a swim in the real world.

This guy has to be stopped. If anyone has any idea, let us know. Spread the word and e-mail the sack a bunch of times a day. For some odd reason he actually writes back thinking he has a chance to get out of it, but he's wrong.

Back