• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Coil Specer Tech

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
That should read spacer... but oh well.

I was so jazzed about reading how things like Walmart cutting boards are being used for making coil spacers, I wanted to try it myself and save a few bucks. I was unable to find a cutting board thick enough to give me the boost I wanted so I wnt on a search for something else. I found what I needed and didn't even have to leave Walmart.

images

It's a toilet wax ring. It provides about an inch and a half of lift after it seats and settles. It's shaped just like a real coil spacer and fits right into place. The best part is that I didn't even have to leave Walmart. I'll post some pics of the install tomorrow. Only 6.95 each baby.

Edit: Just got a call from my wife. At Home Depot they have Double Thickness rings there. 3 inches of lift Whoot Whoot. Even better.

Last edited:
toilet parts on a jeep, is this a joke?....
i'm sure they were made to handle with weight of a jeep too..:rolleyes:

i read a thread somewhere and a guy did that and after a few weeks he was back where he started

gotta be a joke.... anyone ever put in a towlet? those wax rings are bigger, and too soft to use for anything except there original use.

Unless Im not understanding what he's using.

Yeah,arn,t those things made to compress under a "load"! ? I think he,ll be back to WalMart again.
Wayne

I thought I had seen every possible kind of stupid post...this takes the cake. The wax is about as stiff as cold butter.:passgas:

yeah.. it will turn to sh.. just like it does under your toilet if you have ever replaced one under the crapper!
I hope he buys a bottle of goo be gone while he's there.

Whatever,. you guys are just jealous you didn't come up with it. It actually works quite well. I know several who use them with great success. You guys act like you've never heard of using them! WTF?

Last edited:
That is my only complaint about this website, some people here are real dickheads. He found a cheap alternative, that may or may not work, who is anyone to bash him for it?

green50gt said:
That is my only complaint about this website, some people here are real dickheads. He found a cheap alternative, that may or may not work, who is anyone to bash him for it?

what lol? I commend him, ay carumba...no one can take a joke...

green50gt said:

If the dude has any common sense in his head, he would know it wouldn't work. I think he's trying to get flamed for kicks and giggles, but whatever. If you're gonna post something like that on a website that has 4 trillion users most of which have a pretty vast knowlegde of wheeling and the rigs they wheel, you're gonna get crapped on. Just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Back