• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New BBQ Fundraiser at the Rock Garden July 26th!

Yes.. and very smart thinking, why haul the xtra weight while playing, doubt you would ever be more than a 1/2 mile from parking...

ManBearPig said:
If your coming down the 15 then get off on Winchester Road(when you reach Temecula/Murrietta) and turn left. Head down til you reach Benton or Brinton, i forget exactly what its called, something with a B. Anyone remember?

Thres a Stater Bros. there. Once you hit that street turn right.
Take the Murrieta hot springs Rd exit and go east. Take a left turn onto Winchester Rd (up the hill), when you pass Auld Rd look for a small rd on your left just past the elks lodge. Turn into the elks lodge parking lot and you're there. Directions are the same if you're coming down the 215. If you're coming up the 15 from san diego, take the Winchester Rd exit and go east, or you can take the 215 to Murrieta Hot Springs Rd.

I was talking to Remi today. And he was wondering HOW his name got on the list. :D He's not gonna make it.

88trailcrawler said:
I don't have those kind of spares anyway.

I was still planning on bringing what I do have, but figuring since we are not actually heading out on a trail, I could keep em in the tow rig and keep the XJ empty, clean and light for the rocks.

Is the set up such that someone can always run you back to the parking area if you need something from the two rig?

Most definately. You can walk if you need to.

If you guys break something major that requires welding... I do weld for beer.. j/k

Last edited:
been trying to figure out what to bring this wknd, and just figured 2 cases of water, if that helps. looking forward to meeting everyone:cheers:

Hey guys, any water, sodas, gatorade and non alcoholic beverages are very welcome!!

Hey guys, im outta this one. I forgot that I promised to help out my bro a while ago.

See some of you @ the Extravaganza :scottm:

tcm glx said:
Hey guys, any water, sodas, gatorade and non alcoholic beverages are very welcome!!

I'll bring a few cases of RedBull, that should help as we progress into the evening.

waxer said:
We will not be attending. Please remove us from the list.

Thanks
Listen, I respect your views but this was originally and since advertised as an XJ only event. There were a couple of exceptions noted by the organizers and maybe that wasn't right but it's basically their perogative. This should be a chance for a large number of us to get together and enjoy each other's company in an environment we all like. If you are unable to bring an XJ I gladly offer you a seat. It's the comeraderie that makes this group awesome and I think it will be loads of fun even if you aren't able to have your XJ. Please consider coming out for the friendship and fun.

Hey guys. Just a quick reminder, we have 50 or 60 people showing up. For all thos bringin plates, drinks, salsa, side dishes, thank you once again!!

So I just posted in the other thread for this event, guess this is the correct one to post in. My gf and I hope to make it up there, more than likely we will. Is there anything else that I need to provide for the lunch other than the $10? I just want to know ahead of time so I don't get up there and look like a jerk for not pitching in on something, lol. I'm going to be bringing a few gallons of water w/ me too. If i need to run by smart & final for some plates/cups let me know.

I plan on taking my craftsman set, and small stuff like that, will that work? do i need to grab one of those small extinguishers or something like that? again, don't want to get there and be totally unprepared.

thanks

01_XJ said:
I plan on taking my craftsman set, and small stuff like that, will that work? do i need to grab one of those small extinguishers or something like that? again, don't want to get there and be totally unprepared.

thanks
a fire extinguisher is ALWAYS a good idea in an offroad vehicle, and can be had at any parts store for around 15-20$. i can bring one down with me for you if you would like.

dont forget the duct tape.

can anyone coming from san diego pick up a steering column from korda and get it to either simi valley or torrance (grimm)?

there will be beer in it for you.

Back