• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Aussie Locker installed in a Chrysler 8.25

Old thread Bump: How would this work with an 8.25 with 4.88 gears?

Gear ratio doesn't make any difference,it will be fine!

Thanks!!!!

So does anyone REGRET getting a rear auto locker? i have an aussie in the front but im thinking i might go aussie for my 8.25 also for the price, its either that or a no-slip. Aussie is cheaper tho hmmmm, if anyone cant stand driving with their rear aussie post up why and whats the symptoms.

aussies front and rear, no problems whatsoever they drive fine on the road and its my DD

is there a lot of backlash in the rear diff with a rear autolocker? going from park to drive or reverse to forward is there a noticeable clunk or bang that happens when the gears catch each other?

is there a lot of backlash in the rear diff with a rear autolocker? going from park to drive or reverse to forward is there a noticeable clunk or bang that happens when the gears catch each other?
You will have more lash between drive and reverse. It takes some getting used to but it's nothing to be concerned about.

I love my Aussie locker! Almost don't know it is there on the street. I just take corners carefully. With the windows up and the A/C on, you really don't even hear it.

I have a 2 wheel drive Cherokee that I take down a powdery soft beach. The Aussie locker was a very noticeable difference.

I've had mine both front and rear Aussies with 4.56 gears for about 18 months on 32's.

The performance difference is just ridiculous, VERY happy with that. Easily the best bang-for-the-buck upgrade you can do to your vehicle.

Nothing much to complain about, but I do hear the inside tire chirping on the street especially when stopped and making a turn. Can't help but think it's accelerating the wear a little bit but I take it easy and haven't noticed anything untoward with my BFG's.

The thing that freaks me out the most is when the rear locker occasionally gets bound up for whatever reason and then suddenly releases with an incredible BANG!!! that you feel through the whole vehicle.

Scares the shit out of you the first time it happens when you're miles away from a paved road. This has probably happened 6 or 7 times and it still freaks me out and I'm always a little surprised to find that parts aren't scattered all over the trail.

But as far as function? it's been flawless and well worth it.

Anyone know where the heck you can find one of these for the 29spl 8.25? Always out of stock...

Anyone know where the heck you can find one of these for the 29spl 8.25? Always out of stock...

Gotta find used. I've been PMing Aussie over on Pirate for the last 4 months about when they would be available and they finally admitted that they were having production issues and had no idea when they would be available again.

That is all the info they had. This was a week ago.

I've had and aussie in my 8.8 for about a year and a half and love the traction difference. In wet(Seattle) weather I have to be a LITTLE careful on accelerating through hard corners, if I stab the throttle it will kick the a** end out a bit. :) It works great in snow and mud, I don't have much experience on rock, but for my driving it works very well.

Gotta find used. I've been PMing Aussie over on Pirate for the last 4 months about when they would be available and they finally admitted that they were having production issues and had no idea when they would be available again.

That is all the info they had. This was a week ago.

There are only so many used ones though... :rolleyes:

I got mine from Randy's R&P.

Back