• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never Forget, Never Forgive

XJNOOB93

NAXJA Forum User
So as a lot of you know, I was just in England. I saw some pretty freakin cool stuff... but one thing that completely blew my mind was this..

07560014.jpg

This was above one of the bay doors on a fire station. There is always a light on above it. To see something like this in another country, really touched me. And seeing that it has almost been 10 years since that tragic day, it touched me more.

Oh here is a cool fire truck there :) You may not think it's cool... but us fire fighters do :D

07560011.jpg

There's no chrome on that fire truck...... :dunno: Not even any knobs for pumps and stuff...... I thought firefighters had to be good at polishing knobs.....

:gag:

:D

But yeah, definitely cool to see that kind of tribute in another country. :thumbup:

I don't know about other countries.. but I know we are damn good at polishing knobs here in the states....

O wait...:gag:

^^ Or an American LeFrance for that matter...

The Brits have been our strongest supporters, quite frankly, since WWI, We did not have to go to war but we did and bailed them and the ever ungrateful french (yep, no caps...) out of a "sticky wicket".

Ever notice how they are the first to stand up for us? As a country, we should appreciate those that stand by us.

And BTW XJNOOB93, you suck for being able to go to Britain whilst I'm stuck here. Just sayin...

So as a lot of you know, I was just in England. I saw some pretty freakin cool stuff... but one thing that completely blew my mind was this..

07560014.jpg

This was above one of the bay doors on a fire station. There is always a light on above it. To see something like this in another country, really touched me. And seeing that it has almost been 10 years since that tragic day, it touched me more.

Oh here is a cool fire truck there :) You may not think it's cool... but us fire fighters do :D

07560011.jpg

That is awesome!! I was on top of my Crash Rescue truck toping it off after the morning test run when the first tower was hit. That was truly a sad day for us firefighters but I was damn proud to be one then and now. That truck looks like a heavy rescue? Who needs chrome, that is one badass truck! :cheers:

Back