• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to buy shorter rear shocks

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
rear shock mounts eye to eye at ride height are 19.5". so i need some shorter rear shocks since I have at best 2" of up travel right now. Id like more like 4" or so. current shock is like 17" compressed.

Looking for something maybe 14-15" compressed and maybe 24" or so extended so like somewhere between 8-10" travel shock.

If you have something like 13-14" compressed 23-24" extended ill take that too.

Found some Rancho 9000s on amazon prime for 18$ each . They were for a later model Nissan Patrol like late 90s to mid 2000s, which are a heavier than a stock XJ, which is perfect since my rig is way heavier than a stock rig . Little shorter than what I have now, super cheap for a decent namerancho 9000 shock.

Last edited:
They already went up in price back to like 100$ each. Amazon is crazy. I think tbey might be out of stock since it says that when I check my order that ship date is pending which ive never seen before.

Last edited:
e1ba8473303ebd8314bba4fabf242fe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to amazon type in rs9000xl. I search for under 50$ per shock and i search every part number.

Yeah they are telling me now that one is shipping today and they cant find the other so now It looks like ill have one shock coming for sure. Yeah these shocks are normally 113$ each, so 17$ is almost 100$ off per shock so I am keeping on their asses to get me both. The compressed/exteneded length of 15.6/24.5 should be perfect for my ride height of 19.5" roughly 4" up and 5" down. They are for a heavier Nissan patrol . Im not a fan of the adjustment knobs but I am curious to see if they do anything.

I was searching RS9000XL on amazon and a bunch of super cheap 9000s came up. Filter on max 45$. then use Jegs and search part # to get compressed / extended lengths.

man how did you come across that deal? I just looked and everything else looks like it is for stock height XJs
around 13 compressed and 21 extended.

they shipped out one of the shocks so far...Curious to see if they cancel the other shock or if it takes like a month to ship it...

My old ones where something like 17/27 or something like that

Looks like they honored the price and both shocks will be here this week. Crazy.

had to order some order RS980 bushings for 9$ on amazon. these have a upper ID of .75" and I need .625 to press in some bar pins. Too lazy to drill out the floor and mount shocks to the roll cage at this point .

Amazon is giving me a 20% credit off the order for shipping the second shock late... haha. totally awesome. pays for the bushings .

Back