• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need to buy a new carrier for my dana 30

BlueRockRash

NAXJA Forum User
I have 3.55s in my dana 30 i have the 4.88s i read i need a new carrier to hold the lower gears.... There is an option for loaded and unloaded what is the difference?

I believe it usually means it has spider gears, thrust washers and a cross pin installed if it's "loaded" and has none of that (bare carrier, literally just the chunk of steel everything is assembled around) if it's "unloaded"

should i get a loaded one or use my old spider gears an stuff im puttering a locker in it too aussie

If you are putting in the Aussie you will not need the spider/side gears, only the cross-pin. The cross-pin and cold roll pin that holds it in can be used from your old carrier.

If you're putting an aussie in, just order an unloaded one... but when you disassemble your old carrier, keep the cross pin, the roll pin and the side thrust washers on each side of the spider gears. I haven't installed an Aussie, but i have installed other lunchbox lockers that require you reuse the thrust washers... so keep them just in case.

Back