• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with hella 500

Alex98

NAXJA Forum User
I just put my NEW hella 500 lights on my 98 and i ran everything correctly exept the green wire that runs directly into the main light from the switch, i just did not hook that wire up. when i flip the switch the green light does not shine and my hella fog lights do not shine. And yes i did hook my positive wire to the battery. What did i do wrong.

Also all my grounds are grounded to the fire wall.

Please help.

and if the green wire needs to be hooked up how would i do that?

I just put my NEW hella 500 lights on my 98 and i ran everything correctly exept the green wire that runs directly into the main light from the switch, i just did not hook that wire up. when i flip the switch the green light does not shine and my hella fog lights do not shine. And yes i did hook my positive wire to the battery. What did i do wrong.

Also all my grounds are grounded to the fire wall.

Please help.

and if the green wire needs to be hooked up how would i do that?

Technically that wire is supposed to run to your high beams and when the high beams come on the lights would light up but i just hooked mine to a switched +12v connection so they are independent from the high beams but will not turn on unless the Jeep is on. I don't have fogs though mine are the driving pattern.

I just recently wired up a set of the fogs & driving lights in my 99. Technically most states require that fogs are on only with your low beams and driving lights are on only with your high beams. I wired mine so they work that way or I can have them on any time that the running lights are on (even if the key is not in the ignition) using DPDT switches from www.otrattw.com.

The wires under the dash that I used for the source are:

Red/Orange - High beam source
Violet/White - Low beam source
Orange - running lights

Back