• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice on new coils

xjbmx

NAXJA Forum User
I need some new coils and need some advice. I searched and never came up with a good answer. I cant decide between the RE 4.5" xj springs or the RE 3" zj springs. I dont run a front swaybar and am not sure if the zj coils are gonna make that much difference because i heard RE's springs are stiff anyways. I need a solid 4.5" of lift (after if settles). So what do you guys think, are the zj coils gonna give me that and be noticibly stiffer or what?

Beej said:
Just out of curiosity, why don't you run a front swaybar?

ehhh.... its not as bad as you would think, my wheelin adventures are usually impromtu and i just never put the links back on as i dont have proper disconects.

More important is what rear springs are you going to match them up with?The Zj spring should be stiffer but not yield quite as much net lift(depending on bumper/winch weight).

RCP Phx said:
More important is what rear springs are you going to match them up with?The Zj spring should be stiffer but not yield quite as much net lift(depending on bumper/winch weight).

Well, the plan is dakota leaves and i already have a RE shackle.

Back