• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a new steering setup (no drilling poss?)

i did some searching and never really found an answer so i assume it doesnt exist but i will ask anyways

is there a steering setup that requires no drilling or reaming?

heres the deal
I got my 2000 xj setup with a RE 3.5 lift and stuff
but in the winter I install a small meyer plow (6'6" classic mount) which obviously drops the front down,
with the added front weight the steering is out of alignment and i get uneven wear on the tires. so i want to go to another style of steering but i dont do massive amounts of wheeling only 31" tires so dont need anything serious

yes my frist choice if i have to drill is JCR 1 ton kit
onetonsteeringkitdsc.jpg

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1TNST&Category_Code=S6

unless anyone has any better options for me??

and yes plowing with the XJ is awesome i had a 99 F-250 super duty v-8 with a plow (7'6") the jeep is alot more fun and quicker. i do a few small lots the f250 was like a barge LOL

What I would do, and I been thinking about this for years, is run a smaller spring, preferrably a 2" or 2.5" spring and put ACOS spacers on top. Upgrade to currie's steering. Now when you install the plow, take the supplied wrench included in the ACOS kit and adjust the coil spacers so your jeep is back to level. No drilling, no reaming, and fully bolt-on but a little more money. I just installed currie's three weeks ago and wouldn't go with any other. It's pure beef! I also wouldn't worry about replacement tie rods from them. The ones supplied have little chance of wearing out if you grease em frequently and don't run into rocks at 65 mph. :)

Back