• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a mobile welder

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know or is one? I need someone who knows what they are doing with mig that can come work for a couple of hours at my house on some non jeep stuff. I have some galvanized 16 gauge channel i need welded together. I prefer someone who is a welder by trade but a detail oriented hobby welder would be ok as well. I would guess it is 3-6 hours of work depending on your rate of speed, and i think mig would work best. I live near Loma Linda, and it is sort of inside, with power near by.

msg me if you have any ideas... thanks

nick

Good guy, reasonably local for you. I've been fixing his trucks for a few years, seems to know a bit more than me about welding ;) , i'm sure he can do anything you need.

j9n29l.jpg

I have an old welding book that says to drink a gallon of milk for every 2 hours of arc welding on G60 galv.

I just wear a sweet respirator

Thanks I have Doug coming tomorrow.... I have always hear that you should only weld galvanized material in very well ventilated areas and you are safe.. never heard the milk think though...

Thanks I have Doug coming tomorrow.... I have always hear that you should only weld galvanized material in very well ventilated areas and you are safe.. never heard the milk think though...

The drinking milk thing is from a generation where if you didn't smoke at least cigarettes, your sexuality was in doubt. Galvi fumes are terrible for your health, personally I refuse to weld galvanized stuff.... Unless its an xj unibody (not exactly galvanized, but some other form of zinc coating). When you absolutely must, get as much of that crap as you can before you strike an arc!

It's about minimizing risk, would you make out with a chick with herpes because there's a treatment for the cold sores you will get? That's all milk is, a temporary cure for the symptoms.

Yeah my book that says to drink milk while welding galvy also explains the techniques of grinding metal. Specifically says to squint both yes, and to not look directly at the grinding wheel. Safety goggles weren't invented yet.

Back