• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need 1/2" more length from my LCA's - can i shim them?

96CheroKeeClassik

NAXJA Forum User
I just eBayed a set of the tubular skyjacker fixed control arms that are exactly 16" (center to center) and I'm going to be running a set of brand new RE 4.5 coils. I've seen some charts/ heard that for a 4.5in lift in front the LCA's need to be at 16.5"....since my RE coils are prolly gonna give me around 5+" I'm probablly going to be better off with around 16 5/8" - 17" LCA length.

so, my question is....I kinda remember seeing a thread about shimming your LCA mount bracket (body side) to get a little more length out of them. Does anyone remember this?

Also, should I try to get a whole inch out of this method as far as safety/durablity, or would I just be better off buying some adjustables and getting the exact 16 5/8"ish I need.

THANKS

Every set of coils I have ever installed have given more lift and advertised. My RE 4.5" xj coils gave just over 5", and my 4.5" ZJ coils on my xj gave just over 6". I've installed three of four other types in the last two years (as well as more of the same) with the same results, but those two i can attest didnt noticibly settle after a year of abuse.

Back