• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

Hope to (an looks like i will) have the jeep drive able again but Saturday, looking forward to meeting everyone.

I need a favor from a someone---

Not sure I'll have the time, and I won't have the room to bring my tools along, but I'll need someone to pull a front header panel for me off a 97-newer "Patriot" blue XJ (there is 1 and maybe 2 in the yard)... can anyone pull this for me? This is assuming (Of course) that there isn't a NAXJA member that needs it instead...

Its for someone that works at RC. He can't be there because he'll be working...

Not sure I'll have the time, and I won't have the room to bring my tools along, but I'll need someone to pull a front header panel for me off a 97-newer "Patriot" blue XJ (there is 1 and maybe 2 in the yard)... can anyone pull this for me? This is assuming (Of course) that there isn't a NAXJA member that needs it instead...

Talk to a certain tall, lanky fellow who lives in Downingtown .... he just happens to have exactly what you are looking for in his garage .... apparently he is color blind and thought it would match his Jeep. It doesn't. Maybe he would sell it for cost??

And maybe he wants to keep it and will yell at me for even bringing it up.

I'm happy to hear there are 1 or 2 patriot blue 97+ XJ's as I am hoping to get a few parts in that color...cool!!

Talk to a certain tall, lanky fellow who lives in Downingtown .... he just happens to have exactly what you are looking for in his garage .... apparently he is color blind and thought it would match his Jeep. It doesn't. Maybe he would sell it for cost??

And maybe he wants to keep it and will yell at me for even bringing it up.

Who is this lanky giant you speak of?

Ill have plenty of tools, is there any special tools required? Torx, or other wierd stuff?

for a header panel on 97+? Not much, just hex and crap like that... I will have a full set of torx, full set of metric and english allen bits, and mostly full set of tamperproof torx there though if you need to borrow them.

Who is this lanky giant you speak of?

Ill have plenty of tools, is there any special tools required? Torx, or other wierd stuff?

I should be there also, and would be more than willing to help. I do have all the tool required to remove the header panel, its just torx and some metric sockets.

but speaking of tools... what was the verdict on the generators and compressors? I am guessing no since shorty's doesn't allow them. but I don't want to be glass half empty..:angel:

I'm in - see you Saturday morning!

My "looking for list":

- 84-96 power antenna
- 84-96 driver's door power window/lock control panel
- 84-96 "laredo silver" rear bumper with endcaps
- 84-96 grey headliner (to replace my sagged one, but not sure how to get an XJ headliner home in an XJ - ideas/suggestions welcome)

Andy, are the arrangements with Shorty's cash only, or will they accept credit cards also? Need to know how much to hit up the ATM for before I hit the road.

Oh, and Kastein - since it sounds like you'll be there, I can bring those two tires along for you if you want - let me know.

speaking of tools... what was the verdict on the generators and compressors? I am guessing no since shorty's doesn't allow them. but I don't want to be glass half empty..:angel:

I'll ask again... but yeah, ya gotta remember, the glass is only HALF full, not FULL TO THE BRIM... (so likely the answer will be "Nope, Sorry"):)

Thats it... you can have as many burgers/dogs as you want, but I am only giving you a 1/2 at a time... :D:D

Rob - That'd be awesome - I just need to make sure I'll have room :roflmao:

Idea for the headliner - install it in the parking lot (wish I could think of something simpler.) I'll probably be sleeping in a hammock Saturday night, so if you need help after the yard closes let me know.

As of right now, the list is pretty huge...
* washer fluid tank (maybe)
* 91 gauge cluster with PRNDL indicator if I can find it
* full header panel, don't care what year or color though I'd prefer red (Scott, you wanna sell the old one off your XJ when you put the 97 front clip on? :D)
* 1+ set spare shafts w/abs 99.5 up
* 2 sets spare shafts 99.5 down
* rear wiper arm
* non rusty fuel pump assembly for 95-down
* ZJ canyon rim
* tan/black 2dr seats with good rails
* red 97+ header and fenders w/o flares
* 95/96 front flares (other Rob*, what color, if they make different colors?)
* 2x V8 ZJ front shaft
* 96-98 downpipe 2.5"
* hatch struts 97+
* both fans from 97+

Plus whatever I happen to see that I forgot I needed... yeah, I think I'm going to be taking the toolbox off the MJ bed tonight.

* this is getting confusing, I'm pulling parts for two different Robs up here and picking up tires from another...

I'v seen some that take plastic, but i have never purchased that way. Remember the nature of the biz.. bring cash. Keep in mind he's giving us price breaks.. help them out.

Crap. Weather's looking lousy Saturday and Sunday... guess I'm sleeping in the Jeep!

Andy/Overland: Figured that was the case but it never hurts to ask. Will make the ATM my first stop after hitting the road.

Ken: I'll make sure I extract the tires from the garage and get them in the back of the truck tomorrow before I start on the bulkhead connector so I don't forget about them.

I thought about in-situ install on the headliner, but never having done one before was leery of trying to tackle solo. I was considering bringing along a large tarp to wrap it in and strap onto the roof rack (to protect the thing from delaminating in the wind on the ride home), but if you're sure it's not too bad a job I may just take you up on your offer to assist. Now that I think of it, perhaps I will snag the visors out of whatever truck I pull the headliner from as well - going to have to take them down anyway...

Here's to hoping the weather holds!

Andy/Overland: Figured that was the case but it never hurts to ask. Will make the ATM my first stop after hitting the road.

Here's to hoping the weather holds!

Grab some money for me, & bring a poncho!

I will not be able to make this M&G due to a variety of things even though it's been on my calendar for 3 weeks. :banghead:At this point even NAC-Fest is questionable for the second year in a row. :gonnablow

Back