• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

:doh: Of course! That makes complete sense, seeing how the actual panel is cardboard. I'm a moron. I never even tried or even investigated the possibility. Now that's a good thing if shipping becomes necessary. Let's see how it works out. Thanks

Burgers and wieners were dope. Have my junkyard finds mostly swapped in.

ahhh crap, Paul - I just realized I completely forgot about those unit bearings I was gonna buy off you.

Laverne - got a couple sets of the clips you wanted, not sure how many but they're a mix of tan and grey. Got one set of the clips that hold the roller as well, those are tan. I think I can cram them all into a 5 dollar flat-rate to be mailed wherever you want.

Rob - sadly could not find him a matching header panel (all the chili pepper red ones were gone, figured a 3 color MJ would be a little ghetto so I'm gonna keep my eye out for a chili pepper red header panel up here) and the only 2dr seats that I could find were a bit on the torn/damp side (plus I wasn't sure of the color he wanted) so he's got a pair of 97+ fenders and a pair of 96 flares waiting for him. Couldn't find any V8 ZJ front driveshafts in decent shape either :( Found all your stuff though.

Scott - got your seatbelt with all the required mounting hardware

Ryan - I'll keep my eye out for a driver side spare shaft for you locally

Ended up picking up a bit more than I was looking for, I now own a 99 intake manifold (probably stick that on the MJ just for the heck of it) and a woodgrain dash panel.

There's probably other stuff I am forgetting but it'll have to wait till I get the receipts out tomorrow.

Made it home myself with only one bulkhead connector issue - doggone thing conked out on me at the bottom of an exit ramp. Needless to say it was a nervous ride the rest of the way home after managing to wiggle it back to life, hoping it'd hold together. (this is why I hacked out and bought another connector on Saturday - so I could either replace mine with it or use it as a bench guide to get into and repair mine).

x2 on the "forgot the sunblock" comment - my arms and neck were red as a lobster when I got home. Still, was a very good day.

Ken, no problem on the tires - I'm glad I finally found someone who could use them.

Thanks again Andy, this was sure worth the trip. Sucks they jacked the prices on us I was going to get a lot more stuff but I still got away with some nice treasures I could not have found easily elsewhere. The burgers and dogs were super good and it was great to meet everyone and wrench a little with some of you. How did Sunday turn out, anyone show?

Just wanted to say a BIG Thanks to all the people who helped me out on Saturday: from the guys who helped pull the carpet, to the lady who handed me a 15mm wrench (still can't figure out where the heck mine went to!) and everyone in between. I'm lousy at names, but I do appreciate everyone and it was great meeting some new folks. Rob ... we make a great team :D; Andy - you're the Burger King of NAXJA!

Did anyone notice that my name miraculously turned RED? Hmmm ... wonder how that happened ... Hope to see you all at NAC Fest.

Just wanted to say a BIG Thanks to all the people who helped me out on Saturday: from the guys who helped pull the carpet, to the lady who handed me a 15mm wrench (still can't figure out where the heck mine went to!) and everyone in between. I'm lousy at names, but I do appreciate everyone and it was great meeting some new folks. Rob ... we make a great team :D; Andy - you're the Burger King of NAXJA!

Did anyone notice that my name miraculously turned RED? Hmmm ... wonder how that happened ... Hope to see you all at NAC Fest.

Your avatar is great Laverne!!!:laugh::laugh:

Rob - sadly could not find him a matching header panel (all the chili pepper red ones were gone, figured a 3 color MJ would be a little ghetto so I'm gonna keep my eye out for a chili pepper red header panel up here) and the only 2dr seats that I could find were a bit on the torn/damp side (plus I wasn't sure of the color he wanted) so he's got a pair of 97+ fenders and a pair of 96 flares waiting for him. Couldn't find any V8 ZJ front driveshafts in decent shape either :( Found all your stuff though.
I meant to give you my number... I don't usually have internet access (at work right now on lunch break :laugh3: )

Color didn't really matter as long as it was in good shape, red was preferred, but like I said it doesn't matter, it'll all be painted eventually. The cheap price was the big thing. And front shaft didn't matter either. ZJ is about the right length, but I can lengthen/shorten as needed, so an XJ front shaft could be made to work if it's in good shape. I wasn't too picky on seats either, cheap would have worked. I'm not a picky guy. :D

Might have missed it, but any luck with the electric fans?

ken pm me with what ya got and prices and when i can pick them up, i gotta get some stuff from jay too, i may even beable to get nhrockers stuff too pending on what he got
If you can fit 2 fenders and 2 fender flares in the back plus your stuff, you should be good. As for when - any evening this week pretty much, I may or may not even end up in your neck of the woods but no plans yet.

Thanks kastein!! I PM'd ya!
Got it, have flat rate box, will be filling it up later

Made it home myself with only one bulkhead connector issue - doggone thing conked out on me at the bottom of an exit ramp. Needless to say it was a nervous ride the rest of the way home after managing to wiggle it back to life, hoping it'd hold together. (this is why I hacked out and bought another connector on Saturday - so I could either replace mine with it or use it as a bench guide to get into and repair mine).

x2 on the "forgot the sunblock" comment - my arms and neck were red as a lobster when I got home. Still, was a very good day.

Ken, no problem on the tires - I'm glad I finally found someone who could use them.
Wow, that connector is really cursing you... I figured after I fixed it, and then you fixed it RIGHT, it would stay fixed! I got burnt a little but not too bad, no pain just turned red.

Thanks again Andy, this was sure worth the trip. Sucks they jacked the prices on us I was going to get a lot more stuff but I still got away with some nice treasures I could not have found easily elsewhere. The burgers and dogs were super good and it was great to meet everyone and wrench a little with some of you. How did Sunday turn out, anyone show?
I did, so did Andy/ghettocruiser/a few others. Guess I can add you to the list of people I met without realizing it as well...

Got my stack of receipts here:

Rob (nhrocker):
* 2 fenders + 2 core :)bs:) + tax $95 total
* 2 fender flares $30 total
* sorry, could not find header panel that matched (will keep looking), 2dr seats were present but not in the best shape, V8 ZJ shafts were all either taken or worn out

Rob (robz):
* elec fan 25
* mech fan 15
* 2 tailgate pistons 20
* exhaust pipe 15, w/ O2 sensor (just needs new connector housing put onto wires, I think the wires are fine)
* total 79 w/tax

Scott:
* seat belt + all hardware 16 w/tax

Like I said, anyone who still needs shafts, I'll keep looking (gotta get a set myself anyways), plus still looking for those seats + the header panel. My local yard is a pain to pull driveshafts out of, if you want those, show up and help and I'll be more than willing to.

EDIT: ok, I'll keep my eye out for a header panel then, and a random shaft, hopefully ZJ (if I can find one with wheels still on it instead of sitting on the ground.) I completely forgot about the fans :(

Ken... It was good meeting you in person on Sunday. Wasnt the greatest day for junkyard fun...but got what I needed anyway. Even Amy had fun I think haha.

Glad to hear you snagged one of the wood grain dashes! haha.

So...they charged you cores for...FENDERS???? I dont get it. Even with the price hike there was some decent deals there at least, but core charges are just BS.

J.

Yeah. Only reason I still took the fenders is because they were in great shape. The "everything is recyclable" argument I was given for the core charge is pure BS, if it was to cover recycling, it would have been about 75 cents per fender. I thought a core charge was to persuade people to return old rebuildable parts for rebuild/resale, apparently I was wrong in this case. I've complained a lot already about the core charges, so this is going to be my last post on the subject to avoid wasting everyone's time and annoying people :spin1:

I actually put the woodgrain dash on my MJ at lunch this morning in the parking lot :D Looks awesome.

I actually like days like that for junkyarding - light enough that you can see, barely raining which keeps you cooled off, and no sun so you're not gonna get burned... when it actually rains, that's another thing.

Wow, that connector is really cursing you... I figured after I fixed it, and then you fixed it RIGHT, it would stay fixed!

Yeah, it's giving me fits, all right. I will concede that I may not have done all that great a job on it, though. Now that I have a spare (culled from a 93 at the yard on Saturday), I can work out how to get into it and figure out what's really amiss. Maybe I'll get lucky and just have to recrimp a couple connections.

As to cores, they got me for 5 bucks core on the rear bumper I bought. Considering the price they gave me for a 97+ headliner with integrated sound bar, I'm not going to complain though.

Adam/Ross, wtf were you? That amber fire xj is just sitting there!
I had to work and Ross had no other reason to drive 6 hours but grabbing those body panels so it was not an option...maybe it'll be there in June...

Unlikely :( they're being dispersed to the NJ and PA Shorty's yards soon, likely will be picked over and crushed by then. They did mention you could order the parts but shipping would be majorly expensive.

Looks like the one on the left has a 3-4.5" lift kit. might have some other goodies as while.....

I just pulled the front sway bar with disconnects off that burgundy jeep this Saturday, I left the springs but may go back for them. I wonder why nobody grabbed those?

Andy - Whats up with the remaining XJ's in that side yard? I was very polite in asking and was given a serious attitude by the guy in the booth, he said there are jeeps in the yard and the others could not be touched. He's a little rough around the edges, but yeah he was sort of a D*ck. But are they dropping motors in them and selling them off? I saw an amost completely assembled black 99 or so with Eco wheels ready to go?

A lot of folks have been wondering what they are gonna do with those Jeeps.

Personally, I was really curious as to why a whole bunch of the Cash For Clunkers Jeeps had their engines missing. Why would you go to all the trouble of pulling an engine AFTER its been destroyed ..... that is, assuming they actually killed those engines.

I can't help but wonder if a whole bunch of those 4.0s that were supposed to be killed aren't sitting in a warehouse waiting to be sold and shipped out.

Back