• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Tattoo Idea..Need Help

Just to make it all clear. IM DEF NOT emo. Emo kids are fucking retarded and i dont have bangs covering my eyes and down to my lip, i dont have any piercings and i dont paint my nails black. Silverstein is a little hardcore yes, but their lyrics mean something to me. When my mom was in the hospital, 2 inches away from dead, Silverstein got me threw it because music was my only escape when i was depressed. Silverstein is a big part of my life, and when something impacts your life the way they do, you remember it. Also the Words "Stick To Your Guns" is just something i beleive in. Its simple but also means alot. and i did now know there was a band called stick to your guns, so now i would like to incorporate something that would steer it away from people thinking it was a tattoo for that band.

LucasFury said:
What part of north carolina are you in? I'll direct you to a good shop. ..You are at least 18, right?

..Also, realize that there's a pretty popular metalcore band named StickToYourGuns. If you get that tattooed, you're gonna have to live with hearing the words "superfan" for the rest of that band's popularity. ..That wouldn't persuade me from getting ink I want, but neither does much of anything else, haha. ...I'm at about 50 hours of tattoo work and am nowhere close to done. ..I live above a shop and my roommates both tattoo there, and I used to pierce there before I decided I hate everything about piercings, don't let anyone dictate to you what you should/shouldn't do with your body. ..If you're underage or want a hate symbol or something equally retarded, that's another story.

I live in Greensboro, and i just turned 19.

Cherokeekid88 said:
Just to make it all clear. IM DEF NOT emo. Emo kids are fucking retarded and i dont have bangs covering my eyes and down to my lip, i dont have any piercings and i dont paint my nails black. Silverstein is a little hardcore yes, but their lyrics mean something to me. When my mom was in the hospital, 2 inches away from dead, Silverstein got me threw it because music was my only escape when i was depressed. Silverstein is a big part of my life, and when something impacts your life the way they do, you remember it. Also the Words "Stick To Your Guns" is just something i beleive in. Its simple but also means alot. and i did now know there was a band called stick to your guns, so now i would like to incorporate something that would steer it away from people thinking it was a tattoo for that band.
Glad to see you "stick to your guns" maybe you do need that tat afterall. It's just an obligation of older people to young people to set the recod straight on tattos. You won't find a lot of tats on highly edjucated people. In fact it repulses them. Do you know what community,ethic ,social,country or whatever has the highest concentration of tatoos?

The prison system population. What more do you need to know?

Stumpalump said:
Glad to see you "stick to your guns" maybe you do need that tat afterall. It's just an obligation of older people to young people to set the recod straight on tattos. You won't find a lot of tats on highly edjucated people. In fact it repulses them. Do you know what community,ethic ,social,country or whatever has the highest concentration of tatoos?

So what is a "High Educated Person" to you? someone who goes to harvard, yale, MTI?? A person who graduates from Wake Forrest University and operates on peoples brains???? they seem pretty smart. The Doctor who operated on my mom actually had 3 tats. And she was one of North Carolina's Finest Brain surgeons. Nothing about a tattoo makes you any dumber. and yes gangsters,tricks,hoes,marks,Chickenheads,drug dealers, and murders do get tats yes....but also good working honest americans who have something something very close to them and get a tattoo of their 3 year old little girl that was killed by one of those gangsters...so does that put them in that same category???

jeeperjohn said:
Not being sarcastic, please educate us about the difference. I am clueless about what is what with young folks nowadays.

I too would like to know.

Stumpalump said:

Man...you are dumber then I thought.

ok well i dont really care if this kid gets his tattoo thats his issue but to clear up the goth/emo thing goth people tend to wear all black and sometimes if they arent pale enough naturally white face makeup called "morbid" i kid u not i used to watch a girl put it on in history class last year lol where as emo kids tend to wear female pants that are to small for anyone to be comfy in and listen to bands that are cool one week and unheard of again 2 weeks later they tend to hang out w/ emo/scene girls who wear little boys clothes and are normally found at local shows and are willing to do the dirty w/ any cool emo/scene boy they can find

Bah, i say leave the kid be, Tatoos have nothing to do with social standing. I belive it's how you wear them. Did you know that over 60% of the American population has some sort of tattoo? Now I have a tattoo, on my inner forearm. im in my later 20's and work in a coporate office. But I wear dress shirts. On Fridays we have dress down days. you would be amazed how many tattoos "pop" up on people you never figured when the t shirts and shorts are out. I say so long as he doesnt marr up his hands or neck, and can keep it coverd when need be, he wont have that tattoo stigmata you consertive types speak of.

Get what you want just make sure it's what you want. Something that will never go out of style
tat.jpg

zachxj01 said:
ok well i dont really care if this kid gets his tattoo thats his issue but to clear up the goth/emo thing goth people tend to wear all black and sometimes if they arent pale enough naturally white face makeup called "morbid" i kid u not i used to watch a girl put it on in history class last year lol where as emo kids tend to wear female pants that are to small for anyone to be comfy in and listen to bands that are cool one week and unheard of again 2 weeks later they tend to hang out w/ emo/scene girls who wear little boys clothes and are normally found at local shows and are willing to do the dirty w/ any cool emo/scene boy they can find

ahaha, yeah, that sounds about right.

Greensboro, eh? I'll ask around and let you know what's up.

I wonder if this is gonna turn into a tattoo picture thread..

I just remembered that there are a couple guys from my hometown tattooing at a place called "Empire Tattoo" in Asheville. ..I suggest you grab a friend and call it a roadtrip, they're sure to impress.

WaXJ_Skier said:
Get what you want just make sure it's what you want. Something that will never go out of style
tat.jpg

Pimply backs don't go out of style?? WooHoo!!

SeansBlueXJ said:
Bah, i say leave the kid be, Tatoos have nothing to do with social standing. I belive it's how you wear them. Did you know that over 60% of the American population has some sort of tattoo? Now I have a tattoo, on my inner forearm. im in my later 20's and work in a coporate office. But I wear dress shirts. On Fridays we have dress down days. you would be amazed how many tattoos "pop" up on people you never figured when the t shirts and shorts are out. I say so long as he doesnt marr up his hands or neck, and can keep it coverd when need be, he wont have that tattoo stigmata you consertive types speak of.

i agree on that 100% i have the creation of adam on my forearm and love it... i'm a pizzeria manager and daily i get comments from people of all ages backgrounds social status commenting on how its very tastefully done and many of them tell me(ie. corporate business pricks.. old women, and my mother) how they hate tattoos but that mine is an exception so i say keep it covered or very tasteful... and sorry cherokee kid i havent had a chance to draw anything up yet for you but i promise its comming one day via PM

xj jak said:
i agree on that 100% i have the creation of adam on my forearm and love it... i'm a pizzeria manager and daily i get comments from people of all ages backgrounds social status commenting on how its very tastefully done and many of them tell me(ie. corporate business pricks.. old women, and my mother) how they hate tattoos but that mine is an exception so i say keep it covered or very tasteful... and sorry cherokee kid i havent had a chance to draw anything up yet for you but i promise its comming one day via PM

Haha awesome man! thanks

Back