• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Napier Precision Products flare install. 01 xj

Someone discovered Internet memes, good work!

All condescending comments aside, how long did it take you to trim, paint and install the flares?

I've always liked the looks of the 33x10.5 on the cherokees... That's what I'm running too! My napier flares should be here this week I hope :)

DSC01810.JPG

Hey sumo, I'm in Alberta too (Calgary). Where was that pic taken? I don't know too many good places to go yet ( although I'm sure there are many )

Looks great man, that wheel tire combo looks beastly! I just got done doing mine a few weeks back. More pictures the better!

IMAG0693.jpg

Made a ton of room for my 35s. Very well built and the customer service was AWESOME.

You can reuse the fenderliners without issues. Personally i like the look of the 33x10,5 very much too. I installed the Napier flares on my '94 too but I'm running 33x12,5 at the moment and I think they look a little bit bulky.

Foto4.jpg

Do you guys think that 31x10.50s will fit with Napier flares and no lift?

I want to run 31s on my xj to get a little more clearance for ruts and stuff like that when hunting and on mild trails. I am worried about if I put a lift on my xj, I will give up my good hoghway ride and do not want to deal with vibration issues since my xj does spend a lot of time on the road.

Let me know what you think.

Here is my xj on 235/75R15s.
3002F830-5DCA-4144-A5E2-62AB243E610D-7211-00000C613213F2FE.jpg

idk about you but im at 4.5 inches of lift and i drive down the highway every day at 75 with no issues, just as comfortable as stock.. actually slightly better doesnt feel like im driving an 80's cadilac

and yes with the napier flares you should be able to stuff 31's in there but your gas MPG will suffer

Thanks guys.

You don't have to have the middle bolt holes on the front fenders. Its only used for the brace and you could remount that.

And yes, with creative trimming you could fit the liners. I don't use any.

I was just going to ask this. That is awesome news as my fenders have been cut in the front and cut/folded in the rear. It looks great but I have no coverage for the 35x12.5's I'm running.

Now if i could just find the money for these

EDIT: I have the safari snorkel so I probably cant make these fit on the drivers side front :(

I was just going to ask this. That is awesome news as my fenders have been cut in the front and cut/folded in the rear. It looks great but I have no coverage for the 35x12.5's I'm running.

Now if i could just find the money for these

EDIT: I have the safari snorkel so I probably cant make these fit on the drivers side front :(

Could you sell your safari snorkel and get an Airtec? I'm almost positive they work with bushwackers, so they should work with these, too.

Their lines don't extend below the body line that the safari somewhat sits over, and that the napiers come right up to from below...

Do you guys think that 31x10.50s will fit with Napier flares and no lift?

I want to run 31s on my xj to get a little more clearance for ruts and stuff like that when hunting and on mild trails. I am worried about if I put a lift on my xj, I will give up my good hoghway ride and do not want to deal with vibration issues since my xj does spend a lot of time on the road.

Let me know what you think.

Here is my xj on 235/75R15s.
3002F830-5DCA-4144-A5E2-62AB243E610D-7211-00000C613213F2FE.jpg
Most likely your stock springs are sagging a bit. And pre-96 XJ's are usually more forgiving, with lift. If I were you I would go the route of V8 ZJ Upcountry coils, maybe a spacer/extra coil spring isolator. Bastard pack in the rear or some OME leafs + longer shackle. Bump stop correctly and you should be good with 31's. If you bumpstop and give yourself very little/no uptravel then you could run 31's. But why not replace the stock worn out stuff with newer stuff?

How did you finish up the rear quarter panels? I finished mine a few weekends ago and I'm not quite sure how the quarter panels should be done... I was thinking of removing those brackets and bedlining it or something.

Also, no mud flaps?

IMG_1939.jpg

Last edited:
Back