• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY JEEP is everywhere PLEASE HELP

Perhaps a coincidence, but my Jeep "wanders" after putting on the 33x10.5 BFG MTs. With the 235x75 ATs, it was rock steady. My caster is down around 5* to get rid of DW, so that may have something to do with it. It's not "all over the road", but you do have to correct enough for it to be annoying.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I got plenty of bump steer!
The previous owner of my rig made custom drag link and tie rod. I have a bad feeling that the geometry may be off.

everything is tight I will check the caster tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, hopfully I can figure this out.

you should do this too.. as well as an inner brace.

000_0185.jpg

Last edited:
sqxj98 said:
Cool thanks for the advice I will try that.
I am up for any more suggestions at this point.

I am also running the currie antirock swaybar, could this be adding to the problem?

How was it before the anti-rock?

Ok before we go hog wild on this have you done the obvious and gotten an alignment? Mine did the same thing right after I put my LA on but after I got an alignment it went back to the way if felt before the lift. Try that first then start looking else where. But it could also be that your drop pitman arm is too much of a drop. I have a TnT LA w/ a 3" drop pitman and my steering is as crisp as it was on my 3" short arm.

Ray

I have gotten an allignment,

My steering actually got better when I put the currie antirock on.

Who would you recamend as a good hiem joint supplier?

OK maybe my problem might be diffrent then...

When driving I experience a rattle liek my tires want to steerin my jeep in their own damn direction.. whihc it almos seems like i cant control them... i have aligned ym tires but i probably need to rotate and somthing else to them i blanked...haha

Anyone suggestions...need this problme fixed before my barstow trip...

CAXJ99 said:
When driving I experience a rattle liek my tires want to steerin my jeep in their own damn direction.. whihc it almos seems like i cant control them... i have aligned ym tires but i probably need to rotate and somthing else to them i blanked...haha

Anyone suggestions...need this problme fixed before my barstow trip...

What???
English please.
Balance?

DSC00042.jpg

Another problem is your draglink is OTK, but you didn't raise your trackbar to match.

Also, you really should add some safety washers to the heim joints!

Last edited:
Back