• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Heep Project...

This weekends progress. Well like I thought the More block bracket did not work with the Clifford header. You would think the More guys would warn you about that. Oh wait, they do. So a test fit and a plasma cutter I was able to make room. Next issue of the weekend is that my SYE will not work with the gears in my transfer case. Please see my post in Modfied Tech for more details or if you have any input. Really all I got done this weekend was getting the motor all back together intake, power steering pump and all. I hopefully will be putting the tranny back in this week. Then it will be time for the fun stuff, lift and axles. I had to work both Saturday and Sunday so my weekend was doomed from the begining. That and Curt talked my ear off at the meet and greet and I couldn't get anything done Friday.:D

DSC03800.jpg

old header fit

DSC03801.jpg

new header no fit

DSC03802.jpg

this is what I get for painting these before I fit them.
DSC03803.jpg

looks factory...
DSC03804.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03806.jpg

and who said these brackets don't work with headers.
DSC03811.jpg

I had to do a little more grinding to give clearance. They now have about 1/4" of clearance eveywhere with the gasket in place and bolted down.

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

and my SYE issues...

you need to drive those roller bearing out of that sprocket to make it work...

if thats the problem you are having

I wondered if you'd make any progress...

Can you clean that oil pan area up... it's too dirty for me... I'm feel'n a little uneasy...

Curt

Jump This said:
We apologize for Curt...
If you ever look into his engine compartment, you'd think that he just bought a brand new engine.

Sick little bastid!

:D

I have the same disease as Curt. I have pulled engines to clean and paint them, but that usually leads me to a rebuild which would lead to a stroker. So I have pulled everything I can around the engine to make sure I will not take it out. I want too but time and money are running low. Hopefully I can start building a new motor on the engine stand while I continue using this one. I'm thinking next summer's project stroker! By the way I have engine compartment envy on Curt right now.

Jump This said:
We apologize for Curt...
If you ever look into his engine compartment, you'd think that he just bought a brand new engine.

Sick little bastid!

You ever seen Slimsxj's (Dave) engine compartment? HE sprays it down once a week with simple green!!!! :eek:

silverslk said:
You ever seen Slimsxj's (Dave) engine compartment? HE sprays it down once a week with simple green!!!! :eek:

Just the engine? Come on Andy....it's his whole jeep

Jump This said:
We apologize for Curt...

Sick "BIG" bastid!

There... straightened out...

It's not THAT clean... I hadn't even driven it in a month...

ACTUALLY !!! mines in need to some help... the trans. is leak'n & no one can figure it out... I think it's the O rings for the kick down cable, I hope...

Maybe next time the Rickster can show...

Curt

OK some more for you guys to look at. Well this week has been tough at work so I've been getting in to the garage late. Only getting 2-3 hours a night in. So I've got the rear main now changed and the pan gasket. Cleaned and painted the oil pan(that was for you Curt) I now have my transfer case all assembled and the transmission is back from the shop. My converter is back from TCS. They actually rebuilt my old one so I know the fit will be right. Last thing I wanted to do before the tranny went back in was cutting the Lower controll arm mounts. I'm trying to get it cleaned up around there as much as I can. There is like 3 layers of metal and a lot of spot welds so with the tranny out I will do my best to clean that area up. My plans for the next few days will be getting the tranny and tranfer back in and the new cross member. Also I need to plumb all new tranny cooler lines with -6 fiber wrapped high pressure hose. I can't stand the factory plastic retainers. I had one come apart in my driveway when I replaced the radiator. So they are going in the trash and I'm fixing that problem.

DSC03826.jpg

New pan gasket and rear main in.(A little cleaner now but Curt could do better)

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

DSC03821.jpg

DSC03822.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

I plan on hammer this gap together and welding up this part. Still a little grinding left but it is starting to look better.

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

and the fun parts are starting to come out of the boxes.

DSC03832.jpg

The cross member is very well made and looks very strong.

DSC03833.jpg

I like the BDS kit because it has both upper and lower controll arm mounts, that should make it twice as hard to tear off...

I don't have THAT clean of a rig... hell the pict. of the pan on the parts washer is nicer then mine...

I wish I could work on mine more... things are looking good... keep it up... it'll be time to use it before long...

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
I wish I could work on mine more... things are looking good... keep it up... it'll be time to use it before long...

Curt

Come on by anytime. What do you need to fix on your jeep? We can try and hunt down that tranny leak. I'll be out there for a while. This weekend should be a turning point. I'm hoping that things should start going together pretty quick once the lift goes on.

Back