• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My getting ready for JV thread...

GSequoia said:
Johnny, I'll probably get it all done and be at the first rock of John Bull, staged and ready to go, and *poof* the world will end and I'll be sitting there for a split second in this void that used to be planet Earth pondering just what an intergalactic bypass looks like.

Wow...nice...:laugh3:

Well todays update is a short one...

I finished machining the tube and installed the seals in the 30.
IMG_0048.jpg

The face of the seal is a bit messy but I think it will hold just fine.
IMG_0049.jpg

Started in on the 44 as well.
IMG_0051.jpg

Mmmm, ARB goodness...
IMG_0052.jpg

And now why is it short?

Well I got pissed off that I have shitty workspace, got irritated that the gearing process is just so manual and though provoking, and in general very bravely tucked my tail between my legs and ran away.

Gave Rawbrown a call, I'll be heading down there on Saturday and we'll be getting this stuff done.
IMG_0053.jpg

End result is including driving time I'll probably have the gears setup faster and definitely better.

Cheers.

GSequoia said:

Who is this picture of Midwest fashion?

"Black socks, white shoes, black hat, cadillac, the boy's a time bomb."

:laugh3:

Paul S said:
Looking good.

Don't forget about the little, free stuff, like pulling the carpet, A/C, heater, doors, glass, etc...

P

I can't do that Paul, I don't have a cage yet and I really don't want it to fold like a taco.

Today went well.

Plopped the 30 on Ryan's rack to get it started.
IMG_0065.jpg

Drove in the pinion bearing races and put the starting shims in with the carrier and check it out.
IMG_0067.jpg

First pattern check.
IMG_0071.jpg

Final check (third one).
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Set the pinion preload and started buttoning her up.
IMG_0078.jpg

Had a minor setback when the ARB tube broke - will get another and finish it up at home.

Moved on to the 44.
IMG_0080.jpg

Nailed the pattern on the first try.
IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Set the pinion up, drilled and tapped for the ARB, then made my oil drainage notches to keep the ARB from becoming an oil pump.
IMG_0084.jpg

Spreaded the case to add ten thousandths to each side.
IMG_0085.jpg

Routed the ARB line and buttoned it up, done!
IMG_0088.jpg

Loaded up the Chief to take 'em home.
http://events.sequoia4x4.com/d/15186-2/IMG_0089.jpg[img]

Now I just gotta install them (and the Y-Link kit), do the partial transfer case rebuild (with SYE), plumb the power steering and transmission coolers, and do some little stuff like ARB plumbing/wiring and winch solenoid pack mounting.

Good stuff!

How many hp those stickers on the rear axle going to add?

Well there has been a setback...

Not sure how axle swaps and a transfer case swap will work after I sliced my finger today.

151663732101_3300.jpg

Caution, bloody picture here.

Five stitches in an area that will get knocked around a lot wrenching...damnit...

Sorry to hear about it, G.

The curse lives on....

Trying to be such a tightass he cuts his finger pulling it out on the sharp edge of his ....:flame:

that little cut? just throw some super glue on it and get back to work.

GSequoia said:
Why would I want to work?

It was a great ploy to get out of work early!

Yeah! Like you needed any more reasons to procrastinate :rolleyes:

Back