• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My dealings with Rusty's Offroad

I know this is sort of bringing up an old thread... but I do have to say that although I do not personally own any Rusty's parts (yet anyways) I have been involved in a few installs of his lifts and other misc parts. I have also been involved in the inspection/replacement of any parts on a Rusty's 6" spring pack lifted XJ that was completely rolled and thrashed on, and only found that a few bushings needed to be replaced. And after I contacted Rusty's to inquire as to how much the new bushing would run me, I was told not to worry about it that they would be on their way... Wasn't the first owner of the lift, hell wasn't even the owner of the Jeep, was just inquiring as to part numbers and costs... and got the parts needed to get this beast back on the road... was prett surprised after the beating that the XJ took that it didn't have more broken parts, or even bent parts than just a few beat up bushings, and maybe like two snapped bolts.. I have been thinking of going with the 6" spring lift/wheel & tire combo setup, as this is all I really need... I would love to see Rusty's become a vendor on here, but I think too many people talk s**t and trash talk him & his products for him to want to become a vendor on here...

Strange, my bushings wore out within about a half year but due to the fact that I called a month after owning the kit for 365 days they would not warranty the bushings. Told me it wasn't them but rather the bushing manufacturer who had strict guidelines on only allowing them to be warrantied for 1 year.

I heard Rusty's parts are bad, I saw a picture of a wrecked jeep once that had a rusty's part on it

I saw the youtube video of the Wrangler that flipped over on a turn in California due to the Rusty's heavy-duty tracbar adjustable threaded end sheering in two.

Threaded end or TRE? IIRC it was a TRE. No need to get this thread going again, so he makes a couple crappy parts. If you modify anything beyond stock there is a possibility of parts failing due to increased stress. It sucks that guys rig got destroyed but it comes with the territory. I have nothing against any of his parts other than the track bar but thats just a poor design. I hope that eventually everyone will go away from that TRE trackbar.

It was the threaded end, not a tie-rod end...the same as I have.....HD trac-bar with the new mount that allows for a bushing on the body end as well.

I own alot of Rusty's products and have never had any problems other than the leaf bushings breaking down in short order and the tie-rod ends that came with the steering. Just mentioned the problem with the rolled Wrangler and the trac-bar failure as I believe bcmaxx asked about it.

It was the threaded end, not a tie-rod end...the same as I have.....HD trac-bar with the new mount that allows for a bushing on the body end as well.

I own alot of Rusty's products and have never had any problems other than the leaf bushings breaking down in short order and the tie-rod ends that came with the steering. Just mentioned the problem with the rolled Wrangler and the trac-bar failure as I believe bcmaxx asked about it.

I believe he was being a little bit sarcastic there. I do hear the bushings suck though.

Installed my 4.5 lift and HD Tracbar in early '06 Its been four years and I've had absolutely no problems with anything Rusty's has put out. Never had a customer service dealings with them since I ordered through four wheel performance in Wichita Falls, Tx. But my rusty's kit rode a million times smoother than my wife's XJ with a skyjacker lift.

Back