• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My dealings with Rusty's Offroad

I hope so.

But until I see Rusty himself post up here saying he is working on the problem and until I see a reduction of the hundreds of posts talking about poor customer service, bad parts and expensive shipping, I'm... well as I've said twice before, Im not holding my breath.

If you go to Rustys site FAQ's he already answers your questions....I'll cut/paste it here for you since I really doubt he has time to answer over and over.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] READ SOMETHING NEGATIVE ON A WEB FORUM, IS IT TRUE?[/FONT]
What we've found is that most of our customers are out there hitting the trails and abusing our parts which is good, that's what they're made for. We get emails all the time praising our parts and customer service and we love to hear that. However, there is that small percent that has something go wrong. It's bound to happen when you're out there hitting the trails hard. Then somebody at a keyboard, rather than calling us to work out a solution or replacement, types something negative. Our satisfied customers are out there wheeling so they don't often chime in, but somebody else who has a cousin's friend's neighbor heard that too so suddenly Rusty's is the worst company to deal with, or so they type. Give us a call, odds are you're going to talk to Rusty directly, try that at one of our competitors. We offer a lifetime guarantee on the parts we manufacture and do our best to keep everyone happy. Due to the custom specifications of many of our parts, it takes some time to build so if you order a part, it may take us a few days to get it built and shipped. It doesn't speed things up at all when someone places an order and wants a tracking number 20 minutes later or when we take the time to troubleshoot the reason a customer is having trouble with our competitor's parts. We process the orders at the end of the day and then send the invoices to shipping. They then have to gather the parts, or wait till the custom part is built, and then they can assign a tracking number. This whole process can take a few days which is clearly stated on our website. It's up to you to decide what you believe and what you don't. We've been in business for 20+ years so we must be doing something right. We stand behind our parts and do our best to serve the customers. "

that's a good way for them to cover themselves. I had my track-bar bracket break that they made and I called them up. Rusty said no problem send it in so I sent it to them and never got a call back. I finally called them and found out that it was my fault it broke because I had installed it wrong. No problem I said just ship it back and I'll weld it back together. Since they had already signed for it, when they gave it back to Fedex, Fedex just kept it in a wharehouse. It took almost two months for the whole ordeal to finally get solved, so that they could save $5 on a shipping charge.

I hope we can all get along...Sorry long day..I have order stuff from him a couple of times..I should say the wife has..He has helped her alot when it comes to ordering my parts...They only take a couple of days for the parts to get here..I must be very lucky, hell i have no problem with rusty's stuff and my RC lift rides like a caddy...I must have real good KARMA...lol Sorry had to throw that in too..Long day

that's a good way for them to cover themselves. I had my track-bar bracket break that they made and I called them up. Rusty said no problem send it in so I sent it to them and never got a call back. I finally called them and found out that it was my fault it broke because I had installed it wrong. No problem I said just ship it back and I'll weld it back together. Since they had already signed for it, when they gave it back to Fedex, Fedex just kept it in a wharehouse. It took almost two months for the whole ordeal to finally get solved, so that they could save $5 on a shipping charge.

I wouldn't have been upset w/ Rustys but I sure would have been pissed at FedEx! FE should have dropped you a card when they got the package and asked what you wanted done.

If Scott's having good luck with Rusty's parts, that's a good sign in my eyes...he tends to break his Jeep when he plays. :D:D

I wouldn't have been upset w/ Rustys but I sure would have been pissed at FedEx! FE should have dropped you a card when they got the package and asked what you wanted done.
I was more mad at FE about it but Rusty provided me with hardly any info to find my package.

i dont have a single personal issue with rustys. I read alot and most of what i read is negative towards rustys,

My problem is, they want $26 to ship $14 in metal. (thats the standard not 2day price)

he wants like $90 to ship a full lift kit. other companys want like $25-30

His shipping prices are Inflated. I refuse to give him a true chance just because i feel like im automatically being taken for a ride with such high shipping rates!

Rusty's Offroad fuel skid

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a trailer hitch that will work with the gas tank skid. I Just put the skid on and it does not work with my hitch. So bye bye hitch.

Re: Rusty's Offroad fuel skid

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a trailer hitch that will work with the gas tank skid. I Just put the skid on and it does not work with my hitch. So bye bye hitch.

Cut the mounting flange from the skid and weld the skid to the hitch; you will acheive greatness.

Feel free to start your own thread; I believe a topic such as this would go fine in modified tech...

Also, welcome to NAXJA!

muddyrocks

Last edited:
I see the OP doesn't matter any more around here..Who gives a chit what great service he had..RIGHT? Think, maybe this company is trying to do better?

Hale no the MWC prez doesn't matter! :D

i dont have a single personal issue with rustys. I read alot and most of what i read is negative towards rustys,

My problem is, they want $26 to ship $14 in metal. (thats the standard not 2day price)

he wants like $90 to ship a full lift kit. other companys want like $25-30

His shipping prices are Inflated. I refuse to give him a true chance just because i feel like im automatically being taken for a ride with such high shipping rates!

You know I been seeing more and more online shopping carts using automatic shipping calculators...I tried to buy some small AAA battery boxes the other day...came to 4 frogskins, but shipping was almost 8 so I called them to see if they would drop em in the mail for a couple bucks...."no we're not set up for that" I try not to buy just 1 thing so it spreads out the cost.

Today was my payback for 3 years of defending Rusty's products.

His infamous trac-bar took a giant dump on me.

What are the odds he fixes the issue at this point?

slim. i mean it was installed 3 years ago right? so that means thats 3 years of abuse. hell, just installing is is abuse.... to your jeep

Did the TRE fail or the track bar? if its the tre its not his problem but if the bar physically snapped he may still warranty it. Call them!

it's the end...just worn out I figure

life goes on, I'll just go drink some beer

:cheers:
3 years, stop complaining, replace the TRE & go wheeling. Do you expect them to last forever?

I had rusty's add a leaf lift kit on my fullsize jeep pick-up. excellent kit, instructions, and the jeep rode like a dream afterwards.

very, very good product. and I actually talked to him about my questions/concerns beforehand. I'd also recommend giving him a try. no problems for me.

Back