• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Comanche Build 2wd to Overkill

So if you are 6'4" like I am don't put jeep JK seats in your XJ/MJ. They can be made to fit but the bottom cushion is about 3 to 4 inches taller than stock seats, makes for a pretty cramped ride. Now I'm gonna be looking at some 2000 XJ seats on thursday I might pick up to swap in. Luckily the conversion risers I made will work to adapt XJ seats too.

XJ seats will still sit higher than the MJ ones, but they're probably not that tall. Maybe 2" different?
manageable anyway.

You've got some skills man, nice build.

What was the weight difference between the stock crossmember and the one you fabbed in?

Realized I havnt posted on here in a while. Here is how she currently sits after putting a larger fuel tank in and relocating it and then adding a spiffy tire carrier.

Looks great! Makes me wish I finished mine already.

man this thing is sweet

thanks guys. I live in UTAH now! im gonna be constructing an exo and bed cage for it over this winter. that rear tire carrier is probly going away unfortunately. along with the rear bumper.

Ah, a couple things I forgot to mention. got some free allied beadlocks from a new friend in exchange for some work on his truck. and a bed box for it too. Used 300grams of airsoft BBs in each tire and they are runnin' nice and balanced. BTW adding loctite to each bolt and torquing them all properly is a looooong process. And, saturday I go to pick up an Warn M8000 from a guy at work for $300.!

Got some snow here in UT recently. First time driving in these conditions for me.

got a RAM mount setup for my garmin GPS. its nice being able to move the device around on the mount. also moved my CB and removed the lower portion of my dash since I hit my knee on it.

then got to do a bit of wheeling with some friends here. this is the only pic I got.

I am going to be making a rack to go over the front part of my bed soon, I'm going to try and make it flip up to one side so i can store other things under it. I think ill use some gas shocks for lift assist. I'll keep you guys updated.

A friend of mine just got done fully building a customer's truck (prerunner), but for the bed area he made a little trunk to store stuff and and the lid holds the two 37" spares. He used an air shock to help it up. It lifts the two 37's mounted on wheels up with no problem and can be shut again with one hand

Here is a picture of it

Back