• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My boy about blew off his fingers today.

Westernhunter

NAXJA Forum User
Me and my boys have been out shooting all weekend. We went rabbit hunting and shot a lot of .22 and shot guns.
So my brother called this morning and his boys want to go shoot. Well our guns are still in the jeep and we still have ammo so we go with them. We had a good time and shot a lot of rounds. After all the guns were put away and the area was cleaned up we were standing around talking about lunch and BAM! I look over to see what made the noise and see my 8 yr old boy holding his hand up blood dripping from his finger and thumb. "CRAP! that kid just shot himself",I thought. I ran over and helped him sit down.
We cleaned him up as he was crying and in some shock. His fingers were cut and burned but not too serious.
The kid said he was trying to remove the slug from a live shell by holding it in one hand and hitting the rim with a rock.
Very lucky that he still has all of his digits.
Be safe, WH

Education can be costly, or it can be cheap.

Doing it proactively and not only teaching gun safety, but of the entire weapon system is important, and cheap insurance.

Glad the education was relatively cheap!

I had an up close and personal teaching experience with an M-80.

I never forgot.

Glad he's OK and this was the outcome......too many shooting stories lately that involve fatalities, however most of them have also involved booze.

Back