• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 88 build full widths on 38s

I'd at least weld the tubes to the center section using preheat/post heat. Also keep an eye on the welds on the TNT truss, thence been known to crack.

Both failed where the passenger upper control mounts. Under the mount on both truss's cracked on the weld and the upper control pulled on the mount, opening the crack and twisting the top of the truss.

After having dumped way too much money into a 44 and using a tnt truss I wanna kick myself in the balls. The truss failed many many times. By the time I sold off the axle I had pretty much re built the entire thing. Shock mounts. Both uca's tore off the axle on the trail. Trac bar mount tore off while on the trial. Not fun trying to make it off the mountain while your entire front end is ratchet strapped together. And as far as the axle, I should have bought stock in Spicer for u joints by the time I finally dumped money on ctms. And I still sheared the inner splines. I was only on 37s. I had a spool but just a warning be very EASY on the pedal. I would put up some pics but my phone was recently stolen. I looked for months for a hp 60 and am now building a 609.

beating the shit out of them....lol....i sadly bought one too...but luckily I read up on it before really getting into it...I welded and reinforced everything as needed...knock on wood hopefully it will last a little longer

I'm wondering when you guys bought your trusses? I guess I'll have to inspect mine a little closer, its been on there since 2009.

I still don't see why people would spend hundreds of dollars for them, especially since they suck and there's better ways of trussing an axle. I spent maybe $30 on materials (3x6x5/16) for mine and it goes halfway up the inner C's on my HP60 and is solid as a rock.

I still don't see why people would spend hundreds of dollars for them, especially since they suck and there's better ways of trussing an axle. I spent maybe $30 on materials (3x6x5/16) for mine and it goes halfway up the inner C's on my HP60 and is solid as a rock.

A lot of people see it as an easy way to do things and some don't know better at first (I myself was one of those people) it's an expensive mistake but things can be prevented which I am doing.

The Artec Front D44 truss doesn't even span across the differential, so you can't compare it to T&T (or mine is old enough they were GoTrek).

The Artec Front D44 truss doesn't even span across the differential, so you can't compare it to T&T (or mine is old enough they were GoTrek).

It dosn't fail like the TNT truss though. That's what matters

Back