• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 30 build

ya on the day of swap its getting the knuckles, brakes, hub bearings, and locker out of my other turdy. i will make my new track bar and hopefully have a solid diff cover on it but im not sure if the otk ton rods will hit it at full lock. i still need to put new u joints in my extra set of shafts, press on the new ball joints and have my brothers friend reset the gears cause whoever originally set them up didnt shim them perfectly.

i approve of this 30. nice job.

Why didn't you move the control arm mounts up instead of leaving them below the axle?

because i didnt want to have to cut my control arms shorter to keep the axle in the same position or have to get a new front drive shaft. i want to move the axle forward but now is not a good time for extra things like that. i also want to move the rear back and comp cut the rear.

ive heard you have to use nickel rod but a professional welder said thats baloney you can do it with a normal welder if you know how to do it and he showed me how.
Thats some funny shit there!:puke:

Inform the un-informed,.... Does the term 3 link / tri link mean you do not need 2 UCA mounts?
I noticed there was none where the truss is. :dunno:

yep. 3 link has no passenger side UCA. the 2 lowers locate the axle and the one upper just counteracts torque.

Thinking about going 3link myself, do you not need to reinforce the mount on the case then? Unless I missed something it doesn't look like you reinforced that upper mount.

yep. 3 link has no passenger side UCA. the 2 lowers locate the axle and the one upper just counteracts torque.

Ha! Well I'll be,..... I saw that on an XJ in Honesdale PA some time ago. It was not a NAXJA XJ so I did not get too close. It had long arms on it. I thought it was just an unfinished project.

How does the single UCA frame mount (unibody mount) hold up?

Ha! Well I'll be,..... I saw that on an XJ in Honesdale PA some time ago. It was not a NAXJA XJ so I did not get too close. It had long arms on it. I thought it was just an unfinished project.

haha, don't know that much about it.

Haha, I wasn't going to say anything about those.
me neither. looks like more prep work to keep it clean could be done... but don't quote me on that.

Thinking about going 3link myself, do you not need to reinforce the mount on the case then? Unless I missed something it doesn't look like you reinforced that upper mount.

no need to reinforce it, its the diff housing it wont break, or at least ive never seen one break or hear of one break.

its a 1/4" thick cnc bent bracket that the instructions say to bolt on to the sheet metal frame but i welded it on as ive heard others do too. wish i had done my TNT Frame Stiffener before though. but i havent had any problem yet and i've been flogging it since october of 07

because i didnt want to have to cut my control arms shorter to keep the axle in the same position or have to get a new front drive shaft. i want to move the axle forward but now is not a good time for extra things like that. i also want to move the rear back and comp cut the rear.

Adjustable arms?

Back